January 4, 2013
- David Mueller is hired by Denver-based country radio station KYGO as an on-air radio host.
- His employment contract is for two years with an option to add a third.
June 2, 2013
- Mueller attends the backstage meet-and-greet before a Swift concert at the Pepsi Center in Denver.
- Mueller and then-girlfriend Shannon Melcher (another employee of KYGO) pose for a photo with Swift.
- According to Swift, Mueller reaches under Swift’s skirt and grabs her butt while in the process of taking a photograph.
- Directly after the photograph, Swift tells her mother, Andrea, about what allegedly occurred.
- Swift’s mother, as well as other members of her management team, meet backstage. Included is Swift’s radio promotions director Frank Bell (whom Swift refers to as her "senior manager").
- Before the concert begins, Swift’s security team approaches Mueller, accusing him of inappropriately touching Swift and removing him from the concert.
June 3, 2013
- Bell calls Robert Call, a vice president at KYGO, to relay what happened the night before.
- Call suspends Mueller without pay while the investigation begins.
- Bell sends Call the photograph taken at the meet-and-greet. Call acknowledges the inappropriate placement of Mueller’s hand but also claims it does not show that Mueller lifted Taylor’s skirt and touched her.
- KYGO’s attorney, Hershel Coomer (known as Eddie Haskell, Mueller’s boss) and other KYGO executives meet with Call.
- Call speaks with Bell again and then meets with Haskell and Mueller.
- After the meeting, Mueller denies touching Swift.
June 4, 2013
- Call terminates Mueller’s employment on the grounds of him violating a "morality clause" in his contract.
- Mueller sues Swift, claiming he lost his job and other prospective business opportunities due to her allegations.
- Taylor files a countersuit for assault and battery.
February 25, 2016
- Mueller files slander claims against Taylor.
- Taylor gives her deposition. "Right as the moment came for us to pose for the photo, he took his hand and put it up my dress and grabbed onto my ass cheek and no matter how much I scooted over it was still there," she explains. "It was completely intentional. I've never been so sure of anything in my life."
May 31, 2017
- U.S. District Court judge William Martinez refuses to dismiss Mueller's lawsuit and rules that a jury should decide.
July 19, 2017
- Mueller’s deposition testimony describes audio recordings of his termination with Call and Haskell and reveals that he edited down the clips and only provided them to his attorney. Later, Mueller claims the full files were lost when he damaged his laptop by “spilling coffee.”
- Federal judge sanctions Mueller for destroying electronic devices that contained key evidence.
August 7, 2017
- The civil trial begins with jury selection, for which both Swift and Mueller are present in court.