© 2019 Billboard. All Rights Reserved.
Billboard is a subsidiary of Valence Media, LLC.
With the passing of Scott Weiland at age 48 (Dec. 3), Billboard remembers the rocker's greatest successes on the Alternative Songs chart, which he dominated both with Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver.
Scott Weiland's Chart History, From Stone Temple Pilots to Velvet Revolver to the Wildabouts
Here is a ranked look at his biggest hits on the airplay chart:
1. "Interstate Love Song"Stone Temple PilotsPeak Position: 2Peak Chart Date: 10/11994
2. "Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart"Stone Temple PilotsPeak Position: 3Peak Chart Date: 7/13/1996
3. "Slither" Velvet RevolverPeak Position: 1Peak Chart Date: 7/3/2004
4. "Vasoline"Stone Temple PilotsPeak Position: 2Peak Chart Date: 8/6/1994
5. "Big Bang Baby"Stone Temple PilotsPeak Positon: 2Peak Chart Date: 4/6/1996
6. "Sour Girl"Stone Temple PilotsPeak Position: 3Peak Chart Date: 6/24/2000
7. "Lady Picture Show"Stone Temple PilotsPeak Position: 6Peak Chart Date: 12/7/1996
8. "Fall To Pieces" Velvet RevolverPeak Position: 2Peak Chart Date: 10/16/2004
9. "Plush" Stone Temple PilotsPeak Position: 9Peak Chart Date: 6/26/1993
10. "Big Empty"Stone Temple PilotsPeak Position: 7Peak Chart Date: 6/11/1994
Scott Weiland/Stone Temple Pilots/Velvet Revolver'' top Billboard Alternative Songs hits chart is based on actual performance on the weekly Billboard Alternative Songs chart through the Dec. 12, 2015, ranking. Songs are ranked based on an inverse point system, with weeks at No. 1 earning the greatest value and weeks at farthest rank earning the lowest. Due to changes in chart methodology over the years, certain eras are weighted to account for different chart turnover rates over various periods.
The Biz premium subscriber content has moved to Billboard.com/business.
To simplify subscriber access, we have temporarily disabled the password requirement.