Lady Gaga on 'American Horror Story: Hotel': Everything We Know (So Far!)
Lady Gaga and American Horror Story is a macabre marriage that has got fans of music and fans of FX's campy, creepy Ryan Murphy-created show very excited.
Below, everything we know so far about her buzzy television role, for which Murphy has already described her as "TERRIFYINGLY GENIUS" in.
1. On Feb. 25, Lady Gaga tweeted the news she would be joining the cast -- with a quick, appropriately eerie video.
2. Returning American Horror Story alums are excited about the addition. "What could be better?" Sarah Paulson said on a red carpet. "Lady Gaga couldn't be more theatrical…I think nobody does it better than Lady Gaga. She'll fit right in."
Kathy Bates was equally intrigued. "I'm a big fan of hers, my jaw dropped when I saw her on the Oscars," Bates said.
3. Gaga reporting for duty! Earlier this week, a picture, above, emerged of the singer -- decked out in full glamorous attire -- on set.
4. Lady Gaga covers the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly and explained how the unexpected casting came to be. “I called him and I said, ‘Ryan, I wanna be on Horror Story.’ And he goes, ‘Okay.’ And that was it.”
Being an iconic entertainer has its advantages.
5. In the same EW issue, it is explained Gaga will be playing the Countess, "a glamorous socialite who attends art openings and fashion shows and maintains her looks not from a steady diet of kale but from imbibing human blood." She portrays the present-day owner of the titular, murder-y hotel. When she isn't out for blood, she's busy rocking a love triangle with Matt Bomer and Finn Wittrock.
American Horror Story: Hotel premieres Oct. 7.