'American Idol' Fan Names Ranked, From Glamberts to Claymates
American Idol fans are a passionate bunch, and when it comes to supporting their favorite vocalists, the most important decision for the fanbase is all in a name.
This season was no different, as Nick Fradiani fever gave way to “Fradiaddicts,” Clark Beckham fanatics adapted the hashtag, #BeltitlikeBeckham, and worshippers of Jax morphed into the “Jax Pack.”
Yes, Idol fandom is all about the name -- who else caught “McPheever” for Katharine McPhee in season 5? -- and there have been some great groups over the years.
With the show announcing it will conclude after next season, Idol Worship salutes the passionate fans that kept the fire burning for their favorite Idols for 14 seasons. Here are some that stood out:
24. “Spark Plugs.” Maybe not the most original play on Jordin Sparks’ last name, but it sure “sparked” a victory for the season 6 winner.
23. “Dreamers.” While this doesn’t follow the typical formula of making a play on their favorite Idol’s first and last name, this name just fit Angie Miller and her season 12 journey perfectly.
22. "Krinjas" The perfect blend of ninja love and Kris Allen was the chosen moniker for Kris Allen lovers, voting him all the way to the top during season eight.
21. “BluJays.” The ever-so-loyal army behind Jessica Sanchez was in full force on social media, battling the equally fanatical Phillip Phanatics (as in winner Phillip Phillips), voting the pint-size powerhouse all the way to second place for Season 11.
20. “Archangels.” The fanbase of David Archuleta was, and still is, loyal to their Idol, and came up with this angelic moniker for the season 7 runner-up.
19. “Greek God Groupies.” The love of Constantine Maroulis during season 4 spawned its own thread in the Idol Forums back in the day. It was a Greek lovefest for the season 4 rocker.
18. “Candy Canes.” This fan name was super cute and fitting for shy and sweet Candice Glover, the self-described “poster child for perseverance.” Her devoted fan base voted Glover all the way to the winner’s circle in season 12.
17. “Caleb’s Creatures.” This was just a cool nickname for fans of season 13 winner Caleb Johnson. It sounded like a monster-movie double feature and was fitting for a guy with his massive pipes.
16. “Care Bears.” A cute name for a wholesome Idol, season 4 winner Carrie Underwood’s fans showed how much they, well, cared!
15. “Hollie-Pops.” How cute is it that season 11 alum Hollie Cavanagh still shouts out to her fans as “Hollie-Pops” to this day? The name even has its own song: “Forever Your Hollie-Pop,” the official fan song of Hollie-Pops.com.
14. “Skoutlaws.” You didn’t get more country than season 11’s Skylar Laine, and her love of outlaw country mixed with her first name simply worked as a call to arms, as her fans voted her all the way to fifth place.
13. “Alliholics.” The official fan club of season 8’s Allison Iraheta were addicted to the Los Angeles native’s octave range.
12. “Yaminators.” During season 5, Elliott Yamin fans morphed the Virginia native’s last name with a certain movie called “The Terminator” to come up with a name that ensured their favorite Idol would “be back” week after week.
11."Fanjayas" Ah, Sanjaya Malaker, the polarizing mohawked wonder boy of season six. His faithful flock pushed him all the way to seventh place.
10. “McCreerians.” Season 10 fans of the country cutie bonded to create a society devoted to all things Scotty McCreery, complete with a cult-like name.
9. “The Bice Squad.” Season 4 fans of Bo Bice not only came up with a cool name, but it would have been a great title for a television drama.
8. “Blaker Girls.” The nickname for female fans of season 6 runner-up Blake Lewis was a cute play on the beatboxer’s first name and the Lakers’ cheerleading squad.
7. “The Dianamites.” You gotta love season 3 runner-up Diana DeGarmo’s fan name. Even back then, it sounded like the name of a Broadway show like The Fantasticks.
6. “Durbinators.” What is it with Idol fans and Arnold Schwarzenegger? Still, this name was fittingly rocking for season 10’s resident headbanger, James Durbin.
5. "Word Nerds." An ode to David Cook and his love of vocabulary, the season seven winner's fan base honored him by referring to themselves by his nickname.
4. “Haliens.” Fans of season 10’s Haley Reinhart really hit a home run with this one. The name is so popular it even has its own definition on UrbanDictionary.com.
3. “Claymates.” Clay Aiken’s fans still proudly refer to themselves as Aiken’s playmates. The name has forever cemented itself in pop culture.
2. “Glamberts.” Adam Lambert’s fiercely loyal fanbase has its own not-so-secret society in this expert mash-up of his last name and all things glamorous.
1. “Soul Patrol.” The most famous fan nickname in Idol history, Taylor Hicks nation voted their gray-haired soul man to the top on Idol’s most memorable and highest-rated fifth season.
With so many Idols over 14 seasons, we were bound to miss some, so feel free to hit us up with your favorites in the comments!