5. You know you've arrived when you are not only asked to perform as part of Stevie Wonder's Grammy tribute, but asked to perform with the one and only Beyonce.
4. Speaking of said Grammys, Sheeran sang his "Thinking Out Loud" at the 2015 ceremony, where he was up for Album of the Year. (You may have heard the award eventually went to Beck.)
3. Sheeran connected with an even wider audience when he recorded the song "All of the Stars" for The Fault in our Stars soundtrack last June. Yes, this is technically a recording, but just watch the below music video and try not to cry.
2. British soul on British soul: Sheeran gave fans a memorable treat when he crooned some Sam Smith earlier this year for BBC1.
1. Oh, do you have 10 minutes? Then watch this fantastic video of Sheeran on stage, performing everything from "Don't" to "No Diggity."