10 Things We Learned From Lady Gaga's Reddit AMA
On Friday morning, Lady Gaga joined Reddit for an AMA (Ask Me Anything -- well, in this case she told fans to Ask Me Almost Anything). Though she was there to promote and answer questions about her Billboard 200 No. 1 album with Tony Bennett, Cheek to Cheek, she appeased redditors who just love to ask off-topic questions, like "What's your favorite condiment?" and "How does one go about acquiring a meat dress?"
Here are 10 things we learned:
1. Her favorite tattoo is her most recent, the monster paw -- the symbol of her fans she cherishes for their loyalty, devotion and strength they share. Also we learned she was listening to Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica, AC/DC and Judas Priest while she got inked.
2. She thinks it's cool there is a "genus of ferns" named after her. "Especially since it's an asexual fern, there are 19 species contained within the genus. All sexless, judgeless. How I wish to be."
3. If she could play any role in musical theater, she would play Sally Bowles in Cabaret (a part once played by Liza Minnelli).
4. In terms of other musical genres she might conquer in the future, we learned that Led Zeppelin was a huge inspiration for her, so it looks like a Gaga Sings Rock Classics might materialize.
5. How does one go about acquiring a meat dress? Answer: "A butcher and some fishing line." "But there was a message behind that dress. I wore it attending the VMA'S with gay discharged soldiers from the military to make a statement. When we die, the meat on our bones bears no sexuality, no difference. We should not discriminate against those willing to give their life to protect Americans. Because when our lives are taken, we are meat all the same." Who knew?
6. She's really into healing, meditation, cooking -- and shooting beer cans off the porch with her boyfriend in PA.
7. In her cover of "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)," she changed a lyric to make it more personal to her. "I thought of my ex-lover, he married someone else. Not for me, no church bells rang."
8. Her favorite metal song is "Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath.
9. The word she uses to describe her relationship with Tony Bennett: magical.
10. Her favorite sandwich condiment is -- drumroll -- mayo.