Here Are the 8 Best Musical Moments From 'Gilmore Girls'
With the return of Gilmore Girls nigh, (Netflix's four-part continuation A Year in the Life premieres on Nov. 25th), take a look at the eight best musical moments from the series' original run to stoke your excitement for new episodes.
8. The Shins made an appearance in the season four episode "Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin' the Twist," playing at a club in Florida, where Rory (Alexis Bledel) and Paris (Liza Weil) attempt to make Spring Break memories (and attract male attention) by kissing on the dance floor.
7. Sebastian Bach became a regular guest star when he joined the band Hep Alien -- after Dave (Adam Brody) moved to California and presumably changed his name to Seth Cohen. Here Hep Alien performs "Time Bomb."
6. Proud of her daughter for causing a fight at a party that lead to a police raid, Lorelai sings the Bette Midler classic "Wind Beneath My Wings" to Rory.
5. Lorelai took Rory and a few of her Chilton classmates to see the Bangles, in an attempt to win the younger Gilmore girl some friends.
4. Luke (Scott Patterson) asks Lorelai to dance at his sister's wedding, and the two waltz to Sam Phillips' "Reflecting Light," in a sweet moment for the couple.
3. Sam Phillips is also the backdrop of a bittersweet Luke and Lorelai scene. The episode "Partings" revolves around Lorelai's dismay at the state of her relationship with Luke. But in a subplot, the Stars Hollow' troubadour is leaving town, causing a wave of would-be troubadours to flood the town. When Lorelai -- spoiler alert -- breaks up with Luke, she walks away as one of the troubadours (Phillips) sings "Taking Pictures."
2. The theme song. It's classic.
1. What starts out Lorelai singing a song for Rory to cheer her up, turns into Lorelai basically telling Luke she will always love him. Cue the tears.