Bruce Springsteen Live Tribute DVD, Record Store Day EP Coming Soon
MusiCares DVD captures last year's Person of the Year award ceremony, featuring 16 Springsteen classics covered by other famous musicians
Bruce Springsteen was honored as the MusiCares Person of the Year for 2013, earning him a star-studded tribute concert last February at Los Angeles' Convention Center. Today, MusiCares and Columbia Records announced plans to release a special video chronicling the evening. Available March 25 on DVD, Blu-ray and digital download, "MusiCares Tribute to Bruce Springsteen" will feature 16 live covers of Bruce songs, in addition to five songs performed by Springsteen himself, along with the E Street Band.
Watch Bruce Springsteen's acceptance speech from the evening:
The impressive lineup spans a multitude of genres and generations, and features a number of deep cuts to go along with its Springsteen essentials. Most notably, Elton John leaves his mark on "Streets of Philadelphia," Neil Young and Crazy Horse cover "Born in the U.S.A." and Patti Smith performs her hit "Because the Night," which Springsteen wrote for her a generation ago. A full track listing is available at the bottom of this story.
MusiCares is a Recording Academy-established organization that provides emergency health and human services and addiction recovery assistance to those in need within the music industry. Its Person of the Year Award is given out annually to a musician whose career success is matched by exemplary charitable endeavors.
A month after the video release, Springsteen will celebrate Record Store Day by releasing a 12-inch vinyl EP of four previously unreleased original songs. Titled "American Beauty," it's due out April 19. The track listing is also available below.
In January, Springsteen's new album "High Hopes" debuted atop the Billboard 200, giving him his 11th No.1, good for 3rd most all-time for an artist.
This media is not available on this platform.
Here is the track listing from "A MusiCares Tribute To Bruce Springsteen":
1. "Adam Raised a Cain" Performed by Alabama Shakes
2. "Because the Night" Performed by Patti Smith
3. "Atlantic City" Performed by Natalie Maines, Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite
4. "American Land" Performed by Ken Casey
5. "My City of Ruins" Performed by Mavis Staples and Zac Brown
6. "I'm On Fire" Performed by Mumford and Sons
7. "American Skin (41 Shots)" Performed by Jackson Browne and Tom Morello
8. "My Hometown" Performed by Emmylou Harris
9. "One Step Up" Performed by Kenny Chesney
10. "Streets of Philadelphia" Performed by Elton John
11. "Hungry Heart" Performed by Juanes
12. "Tougher Than the Rest" Performed by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
13. "The Ghost of Tom Joad" Performed by Jim James and Tom Morello
14. "Dancing in the Dark" Performed by John Legend
15. "Lonesome Day" Performed by Sting
16. "Born in the USA" Performed by Neil Young with Crazy Horse
17. "We Take Care of Our Own" Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
18. "Death to My Hometown" Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
19. "Thunder Road" Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
20. "Born to Run" Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
21. "Glory Days" Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band & cast ensemble
Here is the track listing from the "American Beauty" EP:
1. "American Beauty"
2. "Mary Mary"
3. "Hurry Up Sundown"
4. "Hey Blue Eyes"