Las Vegas Billboard Music Awards Trip: Meet The Winner
The Billboard Music Awards -- and the huge stars who are up for all of the honors -- will be coming to everyone live from Las Vegas on May 22 on ABC. Billboard and Las Vegas are excited to give away the music trip of a lifetime: one lucky fan and a guest has not only won a flight to Las Vegas and accommodations, they also scored a pair of tickets to the Billboard Music Awards show, and will get access to the Billboard Music Awards pre-party and post-party, dinner for two and spending money.
All of the entries are in and we have a winner:
Congratulations to Christine Okura of San Diego, Calif.!
Christine and her guest will be spending four days and three nights in Vegas, home of celebrity chefs, shows of all kinds, shopping and more - the kind of experience you can only find in Vegas, the entertainment capital of the world. You can find out everything Vegas has to offer at VisitLasVegas.com.
Billboard / LVCVA BBMA Sweepstakes
Sponsored by Billboard ("Sponsor")
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
To Enter: Complete and submit the online registration anytime between 12:01 AM Eastern Time (ET) on April 13, 2011 and 11:59 PM ET on May 6, 2011. Limit one entry per person. Anyone submitting multiple registrations/entries and invalid personal information may be disqualified from sweepstakes drawing. Registrations/entries must be complete and received by 11:59 PM ET on May 6, 2011 to be eligible.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states and Washington DC (except Puerto Rico), who are at least twenty one (21) years of age at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, and Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority ("LVCVA"), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, respective affiliates, advertising and public relations agencies and each of their immediate family members as well as individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Entrants agree to the release of their name, address, phone number, zip code, birthday and email information to Billboard for winner notification purposes and for public winner disclosure as required by law. All other aspects of the Billboard.com privacy statement are in effect. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law or regulation, and is subject to all applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
3. Drawing: On or about May 9, 2011, winner will be selected via random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. Potential winner will be notified by Sponsor via email and/or phone, to the address and phone number provided during registration, with follow-up documentation sent via US mail or courier after email response is received. Potential winner must respond within 5 days of the date Sponsor first attempts to notify potential winner. Potential winner will be required to complete and have notarized an Affidavit of Eligibility and liability/publicity release that must be returned and received within 5 days of the date mailed to the potential winner or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. After Sponsor contacts a potential winner and determines that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the "winner" of the Promotion.Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
4. Prize: • One (1) Grand Prize. The Grand Prize consists of a travel package ("Travel Package") for the Winner and one (1) guest ("Guest") (both Winner and Guest must be 21 years old on date of promotion entry.) Travel package includes: (a) roundtrip coach air transportation to Las Vegas, NV from a major airport within contiguous U.S. nearest the Winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) for the Winner and Guest who must travel together on same itinerary; (b) hotel accommodations for three nights which includes one room for Winner and Guest and at a hotel selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and will be based on availability at time of booking; (c) dinner for two at a restaurant selected by Sponsor; (d) two tickets to the 2011 Billboard Music Awards show; (e) two tickets to the Billboard Music Awards pre-party; and (f) two tickets to the Billboard Music Awards post -party. Winner must be able to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor, or Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Approximate retail value of the Prize will be up to but will not equal or exceed Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000). Actual value may vary based on timing of trip, location of departure city, and assessment of prize elements publicly available. Difference between actual value and stated value will not be awarded in cash. Any other costs associated with the trip are at the winner's discretion, and are not included. Winner is solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes on the value of the prize, and will be issued an IRS 1099-MISC tax form for the final value of the prize. Winner and guest are responsible for any other expenses not listed in these Official Rules. Prize or parts thereof may not be transferred or redeemed for cash, except as specified above. Except where otherwise expressly noted in these Official Rules, the selection of all vendors, prizes, products and services is subject to the Sweepstakes Entities' sole and absolute discretion. Prize (and/or any potion thereof) is nontransferable and non-exchangeable. No substitutions or cash redemption of Prize is permitted except that Sponsor retains the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater retail value (or at Sponsor's election, the cash value of the applicable prize). Additional restrictions may apply. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including but not limited to; telephone, food & beverages, in-room services, gratuities, local ground transportation, and taxes, which amount to more then the rewarded spending money are the sole responsibility of the Winner and his or her Guest. Winner and Guest must both meet eligibility requirements set forth in Eligibility Section of these Official Rules. Winner and Guest are responsible for obtaining, visas, passports, and any additional documentation necessary for travel to the destination. Winner and Guest must be able to legally travel to destination. If Winner is not legally eligible for travel to the destination, that Winner will be disqualified and prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Due to the nature of the Prize, the Sponsor is not responsible to the Winner if the Event is cancelled. If a Prize element is not available for any reason, the remaining elements of the Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor's Prize obligation to Winner. Winner and Guest will be required to complete a liability/publicity release before trip is booked. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules.
CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), the LVCVA, and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Sponsor Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor and LVCVA from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize; and (v) each entrant consents to Sponsor's providing entrant's name and email address to third parties partnering with Sponsor in the Promotion so that entrant may be contacted by such third party. Entrants will have the opportunity in each such email received to opt-out from receiving further communications.
5. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor and its promotion partners (including LVCVA), and their affiliates are not responsible for typographical errors in any sweepstakes-related materials; for lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete registrations/entries or email; for technical, hardware, software, Internet, or telephone failures of any kind; for lost or unavailable network connections; for viruses; or for failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions that may limit or interfere with a participant's ability to take part in the promotion. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated entry devices are not valid and will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify promotion if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the promotion, or corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor and its promotion partners (including LVCVA), related companies, agencies, and their respective employees or officers shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages, or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion, or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof. Sponsor is solely responsible for the administration and execution of this promotion. SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
6. Dispute Resolution: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York County having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participants' actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
7. Winner List: For the name and city/state of residence of Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope (after 5/9/11 but no later than 6/6/11) to: Julie Booth 770 Broadway 7th Floor New York, NY 10003. VT residents may omit return postage. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.
8. Sponsor: Billboard, which has its principal place of business at 770 Broadway, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10003.