We've been very busy... What you're looking at is the result of nearly a year of planning, design and development to recreate Billboard.com. As you poke around, you'll see we've done a lot more than s
We've been very busy... What you're looking at is the result of nearly a year of planning, design and development to recreate Billboard.com. As you poke around, you'll see we've done a lot more than slap on a new coat of paint.
We've made the site easier to navigate and enhanced many of the features you're used to finding here, such as charts, award-winning music news, artist features and informative columns. There are also a host of new items throughout the site (see below) that will keep you up to date on the latest music trends and satisfy your curiosities about those who make the music you love.
So, welcome to the new Billboard.com. We love music as much as you do and hope you'll spend some time investigating and discovering all we have to offer. Then let us know what you think by sending a note to email@example.com.
Barry A. Jeckell
PS: The site is best viewed on computers set to a 1024 x 768 screen resolution. Visit the FAQ for further information.
HERE'S A SNAPSHOT OF WHAT'S NEW:
• Interactive Charts: Billboard's definitive charts are known and respected around the globe. Now, in addition to ranking the most popular albums and singles, the charts will lead you to more information about artists and titles with just a click.
You already have the ability to comparison shop for CDs from the charts and in the near future you'll also be able to find ringtones of the hottest titles from your favorite artists.
• More Charts & No. 1s: We've increased the number of charts that are available free to Billboard.com users, which means you can browse anywhere from the top 10 to the top half of more than two dozen charts. You will also find the No. 1 listings of the rest of Billboard's proprietary charts and links to Billboard.biz for music biz professionals to access all of the charts (subscription required).
• Artist Pages: Clicking an artist's name on a chart or using the Music Search that appears on every page throughout the site will deliver you to biographies, discographies and chart histories.
Additionally, the separate Article Search will allow you to search through editorial pieces for your favorite artists.
• Tour Diary: A big part of almost any successful artist's career is touring. The road can be everything from exhilarating and inspiring to exhausting and lonely. The Tour Diary will offer a first-hand from acts who are out bringing their music to the fans.
• Hear & Now: It's safe to assume that the experts who work for Billboard love music. This weekly column is where you'll find out exactly who is listening to what and why.
• Bookshelf: It's hard to admit, but we're not the only ones writing about music -- there are a ton of great books about musicians and their art. On the Billboard.com Bookshelf you'll find excerpts of current titles, reviews from our pals at thebookstandard.com and more.
• Billboard Underground: Who are some of the most buzz-worthy unsigned artists? Look no further than Billboard.com for features on those with the potential to become the next big thing.
• The History Of Billboard: The Billboard brand has a storied past across its 112 years. Take a few minutes to read this newly compiled chronicle of our times.