"I was leaving the set, coming to the studio and I felt myself just being so inspired by the movie that I started recording an album,” he can be heard saying in the video clip below. “And I kept it under wraps. And the album is finished.”
“It’s gonna be my grande finale,” Dre added.
Compton: A Soundtrack can be pre-ordered on iTunes here. The film Straight Outta Compton is set to hit theaters on Aug. 14.
Dre also explained why he never released the long-awaited planned album Detox: "It just wasn't good."
“The reason Detox didn't come out was because I didn't like it,” Dre said. “ I don't think I did a good enough job, and I couldn't do that to my fans and I couldn't do that to myself, to be perfectly honest with you. I just wasn't feeling it."
Check out Dr. Dre's Compton: A Soundtrack tracklist:
2. “Talk About It” (Feat. King Mez & Justus)
3. “Genocide” (Feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay)
4. “It’s All on Me” (Feat. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid)
5. “All in a Day’s Work” (Feat. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius)
6. “Darkside/Gone” (Feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar)
7. “Loose Cannons” (Feat. Xzibit & COLD 187um)
8. “Issues” (Feat. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak)
9. “Deep Water” (Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Justus)
10. Jon Connor, “One Shot One Kill” (Feat. Snoop Dogg)
11. The Game, “Just Another Day” (Feat. Asia Bryant)
12. “For the Love of Money” (Feat. Jill Scott & Jon Connor)
13. “Satisfiction” (Feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez)
14. “Animals” (Feat. Anderson Paak)
15. “Medicine Man” (Feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak)
16. “Talking to My Diary”