Jay-Z: Marcy To Barclays Challenge
Round 3: Win Jay-Z Barclays Concert Tickets, Nets Tickets & Rocawear!
Jay-Z has been a proud New Yorker since back in the day when he was just Shawn Carter, an aspiring rapper coming up in the Marcy Houses in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn. Now the hip-hop superstar, No. 1 New York sports fan and all-around business mogul (founder of Rocawear, among many other ventures) is among those responsible for bringing a new landmark to his native Brooklyn: the Barclays Center. The arena, which opens in September, will be the home of the newly renamed Brooklyn Nets (which counts Hova as a part-owner) and already has a huge slate of world-class concerts scheduled, led-off by Jay-Z headlining an amazing eight-gig run.
We want YOU, the biggest Jay-Z fans around, to win the three different, big Rocawear, Jay-Z ticket- and Nets ticket- packages we've put together to celebrate. We've been giving them away throughout August (congrats to the round one and two winners!) and all you've got to do is answer some questions for your chance to win! Ready for round three? Watch the Jay-Z Rocawear video below, answer the questions, and fill in your contact information by August 31 to enter round three. The epic prize this time? A pair of tickets to one of Jay-Z's concerts at Barclays this September/October, a pair of tickets to a Brooklyn Nets game at the Barclays center and a selection of Rocawear to go along with it!
"Jay-Z: From Marcy To Barclay's Challenge" Sweepstakes
Sponsored by Billboard ("Sponsor")
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER OR OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD There will be three separate Promotion periods (each a "Promotion Period"). The first begins August 1, 2012 at 12:01AM ET and ends August 7, 2012 at 11:59PM ET, when all entries must be received ("First Promotion Period"). The second begins August 8, 2012 at 12:01AM ET and ends August 14, 2012 at 11:59PM ET, when all entries must be received ("Second Promotion Period"). The third begins August 15, 2012 at 12:01AM ET and ends August 31, 2012 at 11:59PM ET, when all entries must be received ("Third Promotion Period").The Sponsor's computer shall be the official time-keeping device for each Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This contest (the "Promotion") is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older or of the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), Rocawear, Iconix Brand Group, Inc. or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Winners will be selected via random drawing from all eligible entries during the Promotion Period concerned. The drawing date for the First Promotion Period will be on or about August 8, 2012. The drawing date for the Second Promotion Period will be on or about August 15, 2012. The drawing date for the Third Promotion Period will be on or about September 1, 2012. Any potential winner will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone . If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize for the relevant Promotion Period, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the "winner" of the Promotion for the relevant Promotion Period.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS. There will be one prize winner for each Promotion Period. The prize for the winner of the First Promotion Period is Rocawear product to be selected by Billboard (not to exceed $250). The prize for the winner of the Second Promotion Period includes: (a) two (2) ticket(s) to a Jay-Z concert at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York during September or October 2012 (exact date to be determined by Sponsor and Rocawear) and (b) Rocawear product selected by Billboard (not to exceed $250). The approximate retail value of the prize package for the Second Promotion Period will be $750. The prize for the Third Promotion Period includes: (a) two (2) ticket(s) to a Jay-Z concert at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York during September or October 2012 (exact date to be determined by Sponsor and Rocawear); (b) (2) ticket(s) to a Brooklyn Nets game at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY during the 2012 - 2013 season (exact date to be determined by Sponsor and Rocawear); and (c) Rocawear product selected by Billboard (not to exceed $250). The approximate retail value of the prize package for the Third Promotion Period will be $1,500. Transportation and all other expenses are not included. The winner of the Second Promotion Period must be available to attend the concert on the date to be identified by Billboard or the winner will forfeit that portion of the prize. The winner of the Third Promotion Period must be available to attend both the concert and the Nets game on the date to be identified by Billboard or the winner will forfeit that portion of the prize. Unless child of winner, the winner's concert and/or Nets game companion must be at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, as of the date of the concert or Nets game, as applicable.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local, income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning in each Promotion Period depend on the number of eligible entries received during that Promotion Period.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), Rocawear, Iconix Brand Group, Inc.and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Sponsor Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize; and (v) each entrant consents to Sponsor's providing entrant's name and email address to third parties partnering with Sponsor in the Promotion so that entrant may be contacted by such third party. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner.
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor's servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity,
interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. WINNER LIST. For a list containing the name of the prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, no later than March 1, 2013, to: Winner List, "Jay-Z: From Marcy To Barclay's Challenge Sweepstakes" Julie Cotton, 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003.
13. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by Billboard, 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003.