Courtney Love Sued By Memoir Co-Writer for Breach of Contract

Michael Tran/FilmMagic
Courtney Love performs onstage during the celebration of The 60th Anniversary of Allen Ginsberg's Howl with Music, Words, and Funny People held at The Ace Hotel Theater on April 7, 2015 in Los Angeles, California.

Courtney Love's highly anticipated memoir has been delayed for some time, and now the book's co-writer is seeking at least $200,000 in damages from the Hole singer.

Anthony Bozza is suing Love for breach of contract regarding the memoir tentatively titled Girl With the Most Cake. The author says he entered a contract with Love in 2010, promising to deliver a completed manuscript to her and publisher HarperCollins in Jan. 2014. The lawsuit states that although Love and HarperCollins initially expressed approval of the draft, Love informed him she was taking her business elsewhere. According to Rolling Stone, Love texted Bozza in April 2014 saying she was "trying to fix the book" with another writer and that it was "in even more chaos." Bozza says he was understanding, but did not receive word back from Love when he asked to be paid for the work he'd done.

Courtney Love Follows Up 'Empire' Role With Gig on 'Revenge'

Even with a new co-writer, it does not appear the autobiography will be hitting shelves any time soon. In an April 2014 interview with The Telegraph, Love said she'd rejected the book, saying, "It's like me jacked on coffee and sugar in a really bad mood. I said keep your bloody money. I'd rather keep my friends."

Tribeca Film Fest: Courtney Love Cries Over Kurt Cobain Documentary 

According to the lawsuit, Bozza has only received $100,000 from Love. He claims their collaboration agreement guaranteed him a minimum of $200,000 of Love's advances and royalties of up to $300,000. The author also says Love has not reimbursed him for roughly $10,000 spent transcribing interviews with her. 

Bozza is journalist and writer who previously co-wrote the autobiographies of stars like Eminem and Slash.