Oops, She Did It Again: Britney Spears Accidentally Set Her Gym on Fire

Britney Spears' love for candles has proven to be dangerous.

The pop star took to Instagram on Wednesday (April 29) for one of her workout videos, standing in a gym she revealed had burned down about six months ago. "I had two candles, and yeah, one thing led to another and I burned it down," she says in the clip.

"It was an accident …. but yes …. I burnt it down," she mirrored in the caption. "I walked past the door to the gym and flames [fire emojis] BOOM !!!!!! By the Grace of God the alarm went off after that and yippy hoorah nobody got hurt. Unfortunately now I have only two pieces of equipment left lol and a one-sided mirror gym!!!!! But it could be much worse so I’m grateful. Pssss I like working out better outside anyways."

Spears still made use of the space she has, showing off some light weightlifting, squats, lunges and yoga outside on her patio.

This isn't Britney's first issue with candles. Back in 2002, People reported that while on vacation in New York City, the pop star almost torched the apartment she was staying in after accidentally leaving a candle lit while out shopping.

"Spears' mother reveals that Britney's candle fetish sparked an earlier fire in the family's Louisiana home," the article reads, citing another candle incident. "Lynne Spears says her famous kid somehow set her bathroom aflame with a misplaced candle."

 

THE BILLBOARD BIZ
SUBSCRIBER EXPERIENCE

The Biz premium subscriber content has moved to Billboard.com/business.


To simplify subscriber access, we have temporarily disabled the password requirement.