Bruno Mars Forced to Temporarily Leave Stage After Fire Breaks Out During Glasgow Show
Bruno Mars was forced to evacuate the stage and put his concert on pause during a Tuesday night (July 10) show in Glasgow after a small fire broke out.
The singer was performing at Glasgow Green until a pyrotechnics incident caused a small fire in the lighting rig. It took the crew less than 10 minutes to put out the blaze and secure the stage for Mars to continue. Screens on both sides of the stage alerted fans and assured them that the show had to be temporarily stopped.
After Mars returned to the stage, he couldn't help but put a positive spin on the scenario, starting an improvised chant of “We burned the stage down in Glasgow!"
“During the Bruno Mars show, there was an incident involving one of the stage lights meaning the show was stopped temporarily," a spokesperson for DF Concerts explained, according to NME. “Thanks to the quick thinking of our stage team who assessed the situation, this incident was quickly responded to, allowing the show to continue safely.”
Bruno Mars is on FIRE ---- (no, seriously... they’ve had to temporarily stop the show because of the fireworks --...) thanks to the team for extinguishing ------ pic.twitter.com/G8PCQ13FvU— Amber Zoe (@imamberzoe) July 10, 2018
#BrunoMars confirms the stage went on fire here at Glasgow Green due to a pyrotechnic which forced a temporary pause in the show. He then sings “we burned the stage down in Glasgow”. @BrunoMars pic.twitter.com/a8V6CqlOQz— Connor Gillies (@ConnorGillies) July 10, 2018