Aaron Carter Checks Out of Rehab
He spent two months in the treatment facility.
Aaron Carter has left his rehab facility after spending two months there, Billboard has confirmed.
The singer originally checked into treatment in September "to improve his health and work on his overall wellness," his publicist at the time told The Hollywood Reporter. That followed an arrest in July on charges of driving under the influence, possession of marijuana and possession of drug-related objects. In October, he left the California center after just two weeks to take care of what his rep called "legal and financial matters that required his attention."
Carter, 29, posted updates on social media during his treatment, showing a drastic physical transformation he said included gaining more than 45 pounds.
Now that he's out of rehab, Carter's new publicist Phil Lobel -- who worked with him previously from ages 9-16 -- said he is "eagerly looking forward to making great music in 2018."
On Tuesday, Carter shared a photo on Instagram of him standing in front of a pair of painted wings with the caption, "I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday." Last week, he posted a picture from inside his recording studio. See both below.