Iggy Azalea's Music Videos Ranked, Worst to Best: Critic's Picks
There was a time when music listeners were considering Iggy Azalea to be the next queen of rap -- she wouldn't admit it, but even Nicki Minaj was a little shook. The allure of Iggy exists in "Fancy," the Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 smash that dominated summer 2014. Its music video offers many glimpses into the entertainer's affinity for pop culture.
But before and after the release of "Fancy," the performer has offered a series of striking visuals -- most revolving around her rags-to-riches story and, of course, her twerking skills. Now we can add a new item to her videography, with Friday's release of the video for her latest single, "Mo Bounce."
How does "Mo Bounce" fare on this ranking of all 20 of the star's music videos? Let's take a closer look.
20. "Trouble" -- Iggy Azalea feat Jennifer Hudson (2015)
Layered in cheese, this video looks like it was shot on a film set -- even Jennifer Hudson looks like she doesn't want to be involved with the project.
19. "Bounce" -- Iggy Azalea (2013)
Forced smiles and cultural appropriation written all over it. The directors of the video don't hide it very well either.
18. "I Think She Ready" -- FKi feat. Iggy Azalea (2012)
This Diplo-produced track features the same shots at various times and even a poor green-screen usage midway.
17. "Bac 2 Tha Future (My Time)" -- Iggy Azalea (2012)
16. "Slo." -- Iggy Azalea (2013)
Honestly, the background vocalist is worth more attention than the stagnant black-and-white visuals.
15. "Mo Bounce" -- Iggy Azalea (2017)
Dancing b-girls and authentic twerking? It's 2017, so we've been there and done that so much already.
14. "Booty" -- Jennifer Lopez feat. Iggy Azalea (2014)
13. "Problem" -- Ariana Grande feat. Iggy Azalea (2014)
The potential No. 1 that ended up eluding Ariana Grande, thanks to "Fancy" and its more enticing visual.
12. "No Mediocre" -- T.I. feat. Iggy Azalea (2014)
The former mentor and protege pairing have had better, which will reach higher on this list.
11. "Team" -- Iggy Azalea (2016)
The first attempt at teasing the long-anticipated follow-up to Iggy's debut, The New Classic, does a good job of playing into Digital Distortion, as seen on the performer's face spray-painted on a private jet.
10. "Beat Down" -- Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas feat. Iggy Azalea (2012)
9. "Change Your Life" -- Iggy Azalea feat. T.I. (2013)
Somehow T.I.'s influence radiates in this video. It's a mix of the showgirl storyline presented in the rapper's "Live Your Life" with No Doubt's "It's My Life" all wrapped up in a Showgirls movie bow.
8. "Pu$$y" -- Iggy Azalea (2011)
The cult classic that launched the Australian as an underground viral sensation.
7. "The Last Song" -- Iggy Azalea (2012)
The Bell Soto-directed visual that slays in a high-fashion sense, highlighting Iggy's glamorous, modeling side.
6. "Murda Bizness" -- Iggy Azalea feat. T.I. (2012)
The best video between the former partners-in-crime is a nice spoof of Toddlers & Tiaras. There's evan an homage to Honey Boo Boo's "GoGo Juice."
5. "Fancy" -- Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX (2014)
Whoever came up with the idea of spoofing Clueless deserved a cut of the royalties.
4. "Black Widow" -- Iggy Azalea feat. Rita Ora (2014)
3. "My World" -- Iggy Azalea (2011)
This early mixtape cut and its visuals feel the most authentic from the rapper. The "cotton candy laced in gold" and the plethora of colorful outfits embody Iggy's artsy badass side.
2. "Pretty Girls" -- Britney Spears feat. Iggy Azalea (2015)
To be fair, this is the best chemistry that Iggy has had with another artist. And we get to see Britney's signature hip swings in the middle of a crowd of dancers, à la "Slave 4 U" and "Gimme More." Too bad this instant chemistry faded away...
1. "Work" -- Iggy Azalea (2013)
Her debut single, and the most striking video due to its Lana Del Rey-esque aesthetic. Commercial Iggy at her purest and hardest-spitting.