Charlie Puth 'Extremely Sick,' Cancels Tour

Mark Brown/Getty Images
Charlie Puth performs at The Beacon Theatre on Oct. 9, 2016 in New York City. 

Charlie Puth needs a break. The singer broke the news to fans on Sunday (Oct. 23) that he's been "extremely sick" and needs to cancel the rest of his Don't Talk tour for the time being in order to get some rest. In a tweet, Puth said the tour in support of his Nine Track Mind album, began last month and was slated to run through Nov. 8. 

"Unfortunately I have to cancel the remaining dates on my Don't Talk tour," he wrote. "This is the last thing I want because I love being on the road and performing and meeting every one of you. You are the reason I can do what I love most for a living and I am so thankful. I have been extremely sick pushing through these dates and haven't taken the time my body needs to recover." 

The only cure, he said, is rest and time off the road. Puth, 24, canceled some dates earlier this month after battling the flu, instagramming a picture from the doctor's office where he was laying on a hospital bed covered in blankets. Puth helped open Saturday night's all-star CBS Radio’s We Can Survive concert in Los Angeles. At press time there was no word on when the dates will be made up; a spokesperson for Puth could not be reached at press time for further comment. Puth is slated to join Justin Bieber, Bruno MarsBritney SpearsFifth Harmony, Daya and Diplo on the 2016 iHeartRadio Jingle Ball tour, which kicks off on Nov. 29.