10 'Pillowtalk' Moments That Show Zayn is All Grown Up Now
"Pillowtalk," his sexy R&B-infused jam, is far cry from "What Makes You Beautiful" -- a decision Zayn has been prepping One Direction fans for in several interviews over the last few weeks as he begins his career as a solo artist.
The video naturally dominated conversation on Twitter from the moment it was released (see the best OMG reactions here; Gigi Hadid even got in on the fun), and Zayn has done his part to ensure there's plenty to talk about. Below, 10 freeze frames from "Pillowtalk" that double as college art projects (and also, shhh, are perfectly captured by 1D lyrics). Is the video more war zone or paradise? You decide.
1. You're insecure, don't know what for, turning heads when you walk through the door.
2. I need you here with me now, cause you've got that one thing.
3. It feels like we've been living in fast forward.
4. Everybody want to steal my girl, everybody want to take her heart away.
5. Nobody can drag me down.
6. Not even the Gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you & I.
7. You're so pretty when you cry, you cry, now you're tearing me apart.
8. I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah.
9. Who's that shadow holding me hostage? I've been here for days.
10. If you don't want to take it slow, and you just want to take me home, baby say yeah, and let me kiss you.
Hopefully everyone got the message that Zayn is an adult now, making edgy adult music videos. The end.