Spotify Says Ed Sheeran Dominates the World's Sleep Playlists
That's a compliment, right?
You aren't the only one playing your Ed Sheeran Spotify playlist on repeat.
Spotify revealed today that Sheeran is the world's favorite choice when choosing music to unwind. They note that Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud" ranks as the most-streamed song in the U.S. and globally across 2.8 million 'sleep'-themed playlist.
"Sleep' is one of Spotify’s most popular categories, that people also use for general relaxation and to help themselves unwind," Spotify's vp of global communications Angela Watts explained.
The top 20 songs in sleep playlists globally are below.
Most-Streamed Sleep Songs Globally
1. Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
2. Stay With Me – Sam Smith
3. Love Me Like You Do (from Fifty Shades of Grey) – Ellie Goulding
4. I See Fire – Ed Sheeran
5. I’m Not the Only One – Sam Smith
6. Rain for Sleep – Rain Sounds
7. All of Me – John Legend
8. Earned It (from Fifty Shades of Grey) – The Weeknd
9. Let Her Go – Passenger
10. Skinny Love – Birdy
11. Say Something - A Great Big World, Christina Aguilera
12. FourFiveSeconds – Rihanna, Paul McCartney, Kanye West
13. The A Team – Ed Sheeran
14. Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
15. Give Me Love – Ed Sheeran
16. Lay Me Down – Sam Smith
17. Fix You – Coldplay
18. Photograph – Ed Sheeran
19. Kiss Me – Ed Sheeran
20. Latch (Acoustic) – Sam Smith