One Direction Romance Report Card: From Single to Engaged
As a fan of the band since before their first U.S. album dropped, here's my list:
5) Liam Payne: Okay, as an actual songwriter, Liam is certainly one of the most talented members of One Direction. But personality-wise, it's always been harder to get a read on Liam than the others. This means A) He's probably the most normal one of them but B) He's the hardest to identify with. But hey, he did get in a good Bieber burn recently.
4) Louis Tomlinson: The Larry Shippers' conspiracy theory that Louis Tomlinson is secretly in a relationship with Harry Styles is probably the most interesting thing about him. And while Louis has the songwriting chops, he's probably the weakest singer in the group. Nevertheless, what a smile!
Alleged One Direction Tour Rider Requests Only 4 Dressing Rooms
3) Zayn Malik: When he's focused, Zayn has arguably the finest voice in the band. Also, have you seen those eyes? Normal eyes aren't supposed to sparkle like that! Also, he bought his mom a house, which is pretty adorable.
2) Harry Styles: It's understandable why Harry is the international breakout of the band. Like John Lennon before him, he maintains a wry mystique. He's always smiling as if he knows a secret he'd like to share with you -- and only you! Plus, his name suits his strengths: He's the most stylish member of 1D by far, and his hair is probably the best in the entire realm of pop music.
1) Niall Horan: Going by his fan interactions, it seems like there isn't a more down-to-earth, considerate pop star these days than Niall. Also, Niall dressing up as a disgruntled security guard in One Direction: This Is Us ("Who's your favorite?" "Darren") is probably the band's funniest moment. Additionally, Niall actually plays guitar and loves his Irish heritage with a passion. At the end of the day, Niall is the one you'd want to casually hang with.
But yes, this is a very subjective list. How would you rank 1D?