5 Things We Want To See Sia Do on 'SNL'
After notching another Top 20 hit on the Hot 100 chart with "Elastic Heart," Sia is set to make her Saturday Night Live debut on Jan. 17. The press-shy Australian artist is set to bring Dance Moms star Maddie Ziegler onstage, most likely to perform "Elastic Heart" from her latest album, 1000 Forms of Fear.
On our wish list for Sia's first SNL appearance? A whole lot. Check out the five things we hope to see Sia do on Saturday night:
1. Show Her Face. Stereogum had a post this week about how Sia's insistence on obscuring her face has been getting a little out of hand, and we couldn't agree more. Although Sia's desire to stay out of the spotlight and focus on her craft is respectable, she has nevertheless become so ubiquitous with the success of "Chandelier," and can be unmasked with a simple Google search, that the turned-back decision is starting to feel fruitless. Take off the mask, Sia, and show your face (which we've already all seen) to the world!
2. Bring Out Maddie Ziegler… and Shia LaBeouf. Let's see a full-on re-creation of the "Elastic Heart" video on the tiny SNL stage, with an imaginary bird cage and real tears. Saturday night is rarely so moving.
3. Perform "Chandelier." One would assume that Sia is going to play her solo smash, but "Chandelier" is also nine months old. Will it be "Elastic Heart" and… a new song? It shouldn't be. Live like tomorrow doesn't exist, Sia, and give us the crowd-pleaser.
4. Get Kenan Thompson To Perform The "Chandelier" Dance. The "Chandelier" routine is pretty fun to do (we know firsthand); it's time for Kenan to feel some of that joy himself.
5. Crack Some Jokes. Those who follow Sia on Twitter know that she can be pretty hilarious, especially when seeking revenge on dry cleaners. Let's see Sia in a sketch or two -- even if it's with a paper bag over her head, she could potentially be one of the funniest people on stage.