Live in the Vineyard: Win VIP Tickets to the Fall 2014 Festival
From November 6-9, music aficionados and wine connoisseurs alike will gather in Napa Valley, Calif. for the 14th edition of the Live in the Vineyard festival. Set against the lush scenery of some of the world’s most celebrated wineries, multi-platinum headliners Train (whose long-awaited new album Bulletproof Picasso was released on Sept. 16) will make their anticipated return to the festival and share the stage with with acclaimed artists Matt Nathanson, Meghan Trainor, Ingrid Michaelson, Mat Kearney, Jamie Scott, The Last Internationale, Blue October, Echosmith, Scars on 45 and Bernhoft. It’s a celebration that will delight all of the senses and Billboard will bring one lucky fan* close to all of the delicious action.
You and a friend can enter to win a prize package that includes two VIP tickets to attend the festival (which includes a meet & greet with Train, the chance to see Mat Kearney perform an intimate acoustic set at Sutter Home Family Vineyards and a special brunch with Today Show health and wellness expert Joy Bauer), two roundtrip tickets on Southwest Airlines to the Bay Area, a three-night stay at the Napa River Inn, ground transportation to the Live in the Vineyard events and a VIP Live in the Vineyard gift bag with high end products.
To enter, fill out your name, address, e-mail and phone number in the form below by 11:59PM on Wednesday, October 8. We’ll contact the winners on Thursday, October 9. Good luck!
*Everyone who enters must be 21 years or older
“Live In The Vineyard” Music Festival Giveaway
Sponsored by Billboard (“Sponsor”)
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS GIVEAWAY.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD Promotion begins on September 25, 2014 at 4:00 PM EST and ends on October 8, 2014 at 11:59PM EST, when all entries must be received (“Promotion Period”). The Sponsor’s computer shall be the official time-keeping device for the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 21 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Winner will be selected via random drawing from all eligible entries on or about October 8, 2014, (the “Drawing Date”). Any potential winner will be notified by email. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within 48 hours from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Promotion.
PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of (a) round-trip coach air transportation for two to Oakland, CA, San Francisco, CA, or Sacramento, CA (determined by Sponsor) from a major commercial airport in the continental United States, near the winner’s primary residence, as determined by Sponsor (b) three (3) nights luxury hotel accommodations at the Napa River Inn (one double occupancy room and room tax only); (c) two (2) tickets for certain acoustic concerts held at the Live in the Vineyard music festival held in Napa Valley, CA on November 7, 8, and 9, 2014; (d) two (2) meet and greet passes at Lincoln Theater on November 7, 2014 (e) two (2) passes to attend an acoustic performance at Sutter Home Winery on November 8, 2014; and (f) one LITV Gift Bag containing various prizes from participating sponsors. (TOTAL Approximate Retail Trip Value (ARV) = $3,000). All other expenses not mentioned herein, including without limitation, airline baggage fees, ground transportation, meals, additional hotel amenities, fees and gratuities, are the responsibility of the winner and traveling companion. Travel accommodations are subject to availability. Trip dates cannot be extended or changed for any reason. Certain blackout dates and material restrictions may apply. If selected, and Grand Prize winner is unable to travel on dates specified — tentatively scheduled for November 7th, 2014 through November 10th, 2014 — the selected Grand Prize winner will forfeit the prize and another winner may be selected from among eligible entries received. Actual retail value of prize depends upon location of winner and fares at time of departure, among other things. If, in the sole judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to the winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation may be substituted for round-trip air travel. Travel companion must be at least 21 years of age as of the date of departure.
5. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
6. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
8. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize; and (v) each entrant consents to Sponsor’s providing entrant’s name and email address to third parties partnering with Sponsor in the Promotion so that entrant may be contacted by such third party. Affidavits and releases must be returned within seven (7) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner.
9. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York County. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
11. WINNER LIST. For a list containing the name of the grand prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: Stephanie Apessos Marketing Department Winner List, “ Billboard: “Live In The Vineyard Music Festival Giveaway” 770 Broadway, New York NY 10003.
12. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by Billboard 770 Broadway, New York NY 10003.