Win Treasure Island Music Festival 2013 VIP Passes
Music fans will be descending upon the San Francisco area this weekend (Saturday, Oct. 19 and Sunday Oct. 20) to partake in the Treasure Island Music Festival, and if you're in the area, you could be there too, courtesy of the fest and Billboard.com: we're giving away two VIP passes! Celebrating its seventh year, the two-day fest is bringing over two-dozen great bands to the Bay, including Atoms For Peace, Beck, Sleigh Bells, Haim, Major Lazer, Danny Brown, James Blake and many more.
"I feel this is our strongest line-up to date," says Jordan Kurland of TIMF promoters Noise Pop. "It's hard to pick favorites but you can't certainly can't argue with having legendary artists such as Thom Yorke (with Atoms for Peace) and Beck at the festival. We always strive on introducing our audience to a few younger acts that they may have not heard yet. Cayucas, Poolside, Palma Violets and local hip-hop artist Antwon fall into that category."
"One of the unique, great things about our festival is the fact that neither of the two stages overlap so you can see each and every note of each and every band." Kurland adds. Plus, TIMF's location itself is unique as wall. "Treasure Island is a man-made island smack dab in the middle of the San Francisco Bay. The site offers gorgeous, unobstructed views of the city skyline, Alcatraz and both bridges."
We know you especially want to be there now, so we've got a pair of VIP two-day passes to give away to one lucky Billboard.com reader. Ready for your chance to win? Just fill in the form below by Oct. 17 at 6pm ET. (Please note that travel to the San Francisco area is NOT included in the prize.)
TREASURE ISLAND TICKETS TICKET SWEEPSTAKES
1. No Purchase Necessary to enter or win. A Purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
To Enter: Click on sweepstakes article found on Billboard.com, complete and submit the online registration, anytime between 11:20 AM Eastern Time (ET) on Oct. 14, 2013 and Oct. 17, 2013 at 6pm ET. Limit one entry per person per day during the sweepstakes period. Anyone submitting multiple registrations/entries or invalid personal information may be disqualified from sweepstakes drawing. Registrations/entries must be complete and received by Oct. 17, 2013 to be eligible.
3. Drawing: On or about Oct. 18, 2013 winners will be selected via random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions in all matters relating to this sweepstakes are final. Potential winner will be notified by Sponsor, via email or telephone, to the address provided during registration, with follow-up documentation sent via US mail or courier after email response is received. Potential winner must respond to the email notification within 3 days, and will be required to complete and have notarized an Affidavit of Eligibility and liability/publicity release that must be returned and received within 14 days of the date mailed to the potential winner, or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
4. Prize: One (1) Prize. The Prize consists of a pair of two-day VIP tickets to the Treasure Island Music Festival on Oct. 19-20, 2013 on Treasure Island in the San Francisco, CA Bay. Approximate retail value of the Prize is five hundred and fifty U.S. dollars ($550). Any other costs associated with the tickets are the winner's responsibility, and are not included. Please note that the prize only includes the tickets; no travel is included in the prize. Winner is solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes on the value of the prize, and will be issued an IRS 1099-MISC tax form for the final value of the prize. Winner and guest are responsible for any other expenses not listed in these Official Rules. Prize or parts thereof may not be transferred or redeemed for cash, except as specified above. Except where otherwise expressly noted in these Official Rules, the selection of all vendors, prizes, products and services is subject to the Sweepstakes Entities' sole and absolute discretion. Prize (and/or any portion thereof) is nontransferable and non-exchangeable. No substitutions or cash redemption of Prize is permitted except that Sponsor retains the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater retail value (or at Sponsor's election, the cash value of the applicable prize). Additional restrictions may apply. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the Winner and his or her Guest. Due to the nature of the Prize, Sponsor is not responsible if any of the Events are cancelled. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules.
5. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor and its promotion partners, independent judging organization, and their affiliates are not responsible for typographical errors in any sweepstakes-related materials; for lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete registrations/entries or email; for technical, hardware, software, Internet, or telephone failures of any kind; for lost or unavailable network connections; for viruses; or for failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions that may limit or interfere with a participant's ability to take part in the promotion. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated entry devices are not valid and will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify promotion if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the promotion, or corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor and its promotion partners, related companies, agencies, and their respective employees or officers shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages, or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion, or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof. Sponsor is solely responsible for the administration and execution of this promotion.
6. Dispute Resolution: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New YorkCounty having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participants' actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
7. Winner List: For the name and city/state of residence of Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope (after 10/18/13 but no later than 11/20/13) to: TIMF Ticket Confirmation Request attn. Katie Morse, at Sponsors address below. VT residents may omit return postage. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.
8. Sponsor: Billboard, a division of Prometheus Global Media, LLC, which has its principal place of business at 770 Broadway, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10003.