In celebration of Los Favoritos 2, check out our 20 questions interview with Arcangel below:
1. In one word, how would you describe your new album Los Favoritos 2?
2. What was the first song you recorded for this album?
To be sincere, I don’t remember. But I think it was “Normal” with Jhay Cortez and Darell.
3. What was the last song that was added to the album?
My single “Amantes y Amigos” with Sech.
4. What are 3 songs that you recommend from Los Favoritos 2?
“Amantes y Amigos" with Sech, “Un Año y Tarde” with Maluma, and “Aparentemente 2."
5. The tattoo that best represents me is….
The tattoo I have on the neck. It’s an A with wings.
6. What’s the first piece of music that you bought for yourself, and what was the medium?
I think it was a cassette from back in the days, in 1994. I can’t remember!
7. What was the first concert you saw?
I was 13 years old. I can’t remember the name but it was a reggaeton concert in Carolina and there were no seats.
8. What did your parents do for a living when you were a kid?
My mother used to be a sales manager and she used to clean houses. My father was an accountant in New York City.
9. Who made you realize you could be an artist full-time?
10. What’s at the top of your professional bucket list?
I want to record a song with Robi Draco Rosa.
11. How did your hometown/city shape who you are?
I’m not sure, really. I just love my city and my neighborhood.
12. What’s the last song you listened to?
I was listening to music from Alex Rose recently.
13. If you could see any artist in concert, dead or alive, who would it be?
14. What’s the craziest thing you’ve seen happen in the crowd of one of your sets?
People getting killed. I haven’t seen it but I’ve read about it on the news.
15. What’s your karaoke go-to?
I don’t f--k with karaoke. If I want to have fun, I don’t do karaoke. I’m a rapper.
16. What movie, or song, always makes you cry?
My favorite movie of all time, The Lion King, the original cartoon version.
17. What TV series have you watched all the way through multiple times?
None but I did watch all eight seasons of Game of Thrones in a month. I saw eight years of work in 30 days.
18. What’s one thing that even your most devoted fans don’t know about you?
I don’t want to say it, that's why they don’t know it.
19. If you were not a musician, what would you be?
Nothing that I can say here.
20. What’s one piece of advice you would give to your younger self?
Listen to your mom. She told me a lot of things that happened later.