1. Audio streaming of Latin music has been steadily climbing since May and is now above industry. In September, weekly audio streams for Latin music hit 1 billion for the first time.
2. Latin is mainstream across the board. On Billboard’s overall Top 200 chart, Latin music is the third largest genre in the chart (13%), only behind rap/hip-hop and pop.
3. The growth of Latin streams is fueled by new releases.
4. Latin fans are enthusiastic: 39% of Latin fans are the first among their friends to discover new music.
5. Platforms like Instagram, YouTube and TikTok are great marketing tools. 71% of Latin fans streamed short videos online; 61% use these sites to discover new music.
Watch the presentation above and find out more about the full study here. For all conversations and a full schedule, see here.