9 Inspirational Quotes From Jennifer Lopez's 'Second Act' Movie
Jennifer Lopez is wrapping up 2018 with an empowering new movie called Second Act.
Directed by Peter Segal and starring JLo, Leah Remini, and Vanessa Hudgens, the inspirational film raises some very important conversations about women's empowerment, honesty, believing in yourself, adoption, “biological clocks,” and of course, second chances.
Lopez plays the role of Maya Vargas, a supermarket assistant manager who wants a promotion on her 43rd birthday. Annoyed that she lost the job to a college-educated candidate, Mya quits her job to further prove that street smarts are just as valuable as book smarts.
As the movie sneaks up on us this Friday (Dec. 21), check out nine inspirational quotes from it below.
1. “The only thing stopping you is you.”
2. “It ain’t over until it’s over.”
3. “I wish we lived in a world where street smart equals book smart.”
4. “Even after the biggest disasters, there could still be hope.”
5. “No relationship built on a lie is going to survive.”
6. “For better or for worse, I have to be who I really am.”
7. “It’s up to us. We make the decisions of our life.”
8. “Our mistakes don’t limit us, our fears do.”
9. “Every day you wake up and have a second chance.”