To learn more details about Más De Un Siglo, Billboard contacted Banco Popular’s press office and discovered six interesting facts that you should know about the highly anticipated musical special. Check them out below.
1. The 2018 specia is the 26th consecutive production that Banco Popular has made The first edition was released in 1993 in celebration of the centenary of the Bank. But before that, in 1965, Banco Popular made its very first edition, in tribute to Rafael Hernández.
2. It is the first time that Prince Royce will participate. He will be performing Juan Luis Guerra’s hit "Visa Para Un Sueño.” Guerra participated in the 2002 special called Encuentro with Rubén Blades and Robi Draco Rosa.
3. Pedro Capó has participated in three previous specials. This time, he will perform Felipe Rodríguez’s "La Última Copa," a popular song in the '50s.
4. Bad Bunny will make his first appearance during Más De Un Siglo. He's always dreamed of appearing on a Banco Popular special, and for that reason, he composed his own song called “Desde El Corazón.” Born Benito Martinez, Bunny confessed he watched many specials with his family and his participation is way of recreating his childhood in his hometown, Vega Baja.
5. Obie Bermúdez will return to perform for the second time. This year, he'll entertain everyone with “La Despedida,” a big hit from the '40s. Bermudez will represent a young man who is recruited for the war and leaves his mother alone.
6. Jeimy Osorio will appear for the third time. She will play "Un Lugar Para Los Dos," a song popularized in the '60s by Lucecita Benítez.