31 Surprising Things We Learned About Anitta From Netflix's 'Vai Anitta'
We had only one plan for the long four-day weekend: Watch the new Netflix docuseries Vai Anitta.
After binge-watching all six episodes, Billboard Latin put together a list of surprising facts we learned about Anitta. Check them out below:
1. Although she’s been a huge star in Brazil for almost a decade, Anitta claims 2017 to be the most important year in her life.
2. She’s the most-streamed Brazilian artist on Spotify.
3. According to her parents, she was mischievous and playful as a child.
4. She got discovered by the producers of Furacao 2000 in 2010 after posting a video of herself singing on YouTube.
5. Her game plan for international success was to release one song and one video per month. This was called the “Checkmate” campaign.
6. The first song she released was “Will I See You” featuring famed songwriter/producer Poo Bear of “Despacito” fame. This was also her first-ever English track.
7. She learned English because her mom forced her to. Now, she’s extremely grateful for knowing three languages.
8. She works not because of the money, but because she likes to create different and innovative things.
9. She loves to eat white corn but leaves the cob half-eaten all the time.
10. In Alesso’s music video for “Is That for Me,” Anitta suggested part of the video be filmed at the caves in the Amazon rainforest after a fan told her about it on Instagram.
11. She had a private and secret wedding in the Amazon rainforest and has only one photo and one video from her special day.
12. Anitta comes from a very poor background and neighborhood in Brazil.
13. Her dad wanted her to study business administration because singing was for “rich people.”
14. The first time she heard “Downtown,” she knew the song was meant for her because it was very sexy.
15. J Balvin wanted to be on the song with her.
16. The day after they shot the video for “Downtown,” Anitta and Balvin hit the studio to record “Machika.”
17. Anitta is very supportive of the LGBTQ community because she also admitted to liking and kissing girls.
18. She was highly criticized for wanting to be a Brazilian funk singer, having people call her rude, ugly and poor.
19. She loves funk music, which she says is like the reggaeton of Brazil.
20. She invented her famous twerk move “quadradinho.”
21. Her brother was her first DJ, chauffeur, producer and more.
22. She motivates children in Brazil to learn English and Spanish.
23. Her publicists, assistant manager and roadies have been the same team since she kicked off her career in Brazil.
24. She has a brother/sister relationship with her international managers, John Shahidi and Sam Shahidi from Shots Studios.
25. Her sensual music video for “Vai Mailandra” reached 15 million views in 24 hours.
26. She loves giving advice to people.
27. She also loves to prank people.
28. Liv Nightclub in Miami was the first club where she performed in the U.S.
29. She admits to having eight plastic surgeries, including lip fillers.
30. The music video for “Indecente” was filmed in her house in Brazil during a one-shot live stream.
31. She thought about the idea on a plane, planned it out in two days, and released the music video the day of her birthday.