8 Things You Didn't Know About the History of Billboard Latin Music Awards
Billboard Latin Music Awards began airing on Telemundo in 1999, which means the 2018 annual ceremony will be the 20th episode of the live show.
During those two decades, there have been countless show-stopping moments and record-setting wins. For example, who has the record of the most awards? And who is the Latin artist who has most often sung in the history of the show?
Below, see the list of facts that you didn't know about the Billboard Latin Music Awards, airing live April 26 from Las Vegas on Telemundo.
1. The male artist with the most wins: Enrique Iglesias, with 46 awards
2. Female artist with the most wins: Shakira, with 33 awards
3. The group with the most wins: Aventura, with 25 awards
4. Youngest solo artist to win a Billboard Latin Music Award: Yuridia was 20 years old when she received her first BLMA in 2007.
5. Families that boast two generations of BLMA-winning talent: Julio and Enrique Iglesias; Vicente and Alejandro Fernandez
6. Artists who have taken the most awards in one night: Don Omar, Marc Anthony and Romeo Santos, with 10 awards each
7. The male artist who has performed the most times at the BLMAs: Marc Anthony, performing 10 times (2000, 2002, 2005, and 2010-2016)
8. The female artist who has performed the most times at the BLMAs: Paulina Rubio performing nine times (2001, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2016)
The 2018 Billboard Latin Music Awards will broadcast live on April 26 from Las Vegas on Telemundo.