1. Maluma auctioned a kiss for $100,000: His girlfriend claimed it with a very sexy onstage smooch. Not to be held back, Anthony also got a Maluma kiss, albeit a platonic one: Anthony covered Maluma’s mouth with his hand for the hilarious moment that’s been shared everywhere since.
2. Dr. Ruth is one hot mama: At 89, the diminutive sex therapist was a hit describing the “Lunch with Dr. Ruth” that was auctioned. “Whoever bids will get good sex for the rest of your life,” she said saucily. Her advice for everyone else? “Try a different sexual position tonight. And tomorrow you call me.”
3. The fab auctioneer had musical roots: If you, like everyone else in the room, were wondering who that fantastic auctioneer was, that was Gabriela Palmieri, a former Sotheby’s executive and daughter of Latin jazz great Eddie Palmieri.
4. Deepak times two: Bidding was so fierce for the Deepak Choprah lunch experience that the New Age author and personality added a second one to the lot so the competing bidders -- Anthony and a female guest -- could each have their own for $62,000. As a bonus, Choprah, who was also an honoree of the evening, added a one-week experience at his Costa Mesa, Ca. camp.
5. Teary-eyed moment of the evening goes to: The compelling speech by the very articulate and composed Colombian teen Ricardo Miranda, a residente of the Maestro Cares-funded Internado Monseñor Victor Tamayo in Barranquilla. Abandoned by his parents, Miranda now describes himself as “a positive leader, a mentor that makes sure that everyone gives the best of themselves […] I have persevered and look, now I am here in New York speaking to all of you.”