Juanes, Miguel Bosé & More Help Unite Mexico With Massive Benefit Concert
There were reportedly 200,000 people in attendance.
On Sunday, Mexico united to raise funds for the victims of the earthquake through a massive concert featuring Juanes, Miguel Bosé, Chayanne, Julieta Venegas, Ha*Ash, Carla Morrison, Bronco, Pepe Aguilar and Enrique Bunbury, among others.
The event took place at Zócalo in Mexico City and according Associated Press 200,000 of people were in attendance.
1. Coldplay premiered the new video “Life Is Beautiful” and Roger Waters performed via satellite “Wish You Were Here”.
2. The most emotional moment was when the audience sang the national anthem.
3. Spanish singer, Enrique Bunbury took center stage with a mariachi band, surprising the audience.
4. Chayanne and Juanes offered inspirational words of encouragement.
Chayanne: "It's a completely different concert than we're used to do. It is for the world to know that Mexico is strong and its people have a heart of gold and their people help each other."
Juanes: "Mexico is a strong country that is going to rise no matter what and being here with you is an immense pleasure. To all, continue donating, do not stop doing it, still much is missing. Until the last person recovers the house will not be enough."
5. Although they were not physically present, Shakira and Enrique Iglesias sent their support to all Mexicans through video.
See more pictures below: