Lali Climbs Billboard's Social 50 Chart: 5 Things to Know About the Argentine Singer
After debuting on Billboard's Social 50 chart in July, Argentine singer, songwriter and actress Lali has been slowly climbing up the chart. On this week's chart (dated Aug. 20), she reached a new peak, climbing 18-15.
The chart ranks the most popular artists on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Wikipedia, Tumblr and Vine, so with more than 6 million followers on social media (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook combined), a new album, and selfies with superstars like Maluma, it's no surprise that the Latin pop star has landed a top 20 position on the Social 50 chart.
In honor of Lali's notable chart gains, here are five things to know about the popular Argentine star:
1. Following her first studio album A Bailar, Lali released her new LP Soy in May under Sony Music Entertainment Argentina. It includes hits like "Tu revolución," "Creo en mí" and "Mi religión."
2. She was on the cover of Billboard Argentina in June, and she talked about her beginnings in the entertainment industry, political issues and what musicians have inspired her in her interview.
3. The 24-year-old actress stars in the new rom-com Permitidos alongside Guillermo Arengo. The comedy is directed by Ariel Winograd and premiered in Argentina this month. She has appeared in other movies and television series, including Me casé con un boludo, Esperanza mía and Casi ángeles.
4. Lali recently shared a selfie on her social media platforms with Colombian singer Maluma, where he was currently touring. Although in her caption she only included a kiss and a musical note emoji, we're all pretty much hoping they're working on new music together.
5. Lali was chosen as the opening act for Fifth Harmony in Santiago, Chile.