Don Omar Says Tour With Daddy Yankee Is Still On Despite Rumors
Don Omar went on New York radio to put an end to rumors that his and Daddy Yankee's Kingdom Tour might be canceled after an incident during their first show in Las Vegas and some alleged hostility between the two urban superstars.
"I feel that I have the responsibility to my fans to set the record straight and explain what really went down that night," said the "Dale Don Dale" singer during an interview yesterday (May 26) on Mega 97.9FM. "A lot of people thought I had left Vegas and that I left Daddy Yankee stranded onstage, but that's not the truth. The fact is that Las Vegas is the entertainment capital of the world and anyone who's had the opportunity to see a show in Vegas, knows that they all end at 11:30 at night... so the venue turned on the lights, and when I saw that, I said my goodbyes to the crowd."
Don Omar told radio host Alex Sensation that due to production issues, the Vegas show was delayed an hour and a half, limiting his time onstage. "Things that happen in production have nothing to do with Daddy Yankee and nothing to do with Don Omar, and don't have anything to do with any animosities between me and Daddy Yankee. I don't control production, and I have nothing to do with them turning the lights on during the show, my show did not happen due to time constraints."
He then went on to announce new concert dates in New York (July 30), Miami (Aug. 6) and Los Angeles (Aug. 27).
The reggaeton kings seemed to put aside their old rivalry during the Billboard Latin Music Conference and Awards in April when they took part in the "Clash of Titans" panel and performed together at the awards show. One of the most anticipated duos of the conference, that was the first time Don Omar and Daddy Yankee had been onstage at the same time for a televised event.