NYPD Official Says Chinx Was 'Hunted' By 2 Arrested Murder Suspects

Dave Kotinsky/Getty Images

Chinx performs at Best Buy Theater on April 30, 2014 in New York City.  

On Thursday two suspects -- Quincy Homere and Jamar Hill -- were arrested and charged in the 2015 death of rapper Chinx. New evidence has surfaced implicating a motive in the murder.

An NYPD official told XXL that the tragic death of the New York rapper stemmed from an almost decade-long feud with the two suspects, which led to Chinx being “hunted” and murdered.

The alleged feud took place while Chinx and Homere were incarcerated together in September 2009, according to Lieutenant Richard Rudolph. “We're not exactly sure what the fight was about, but our perpetrator Quincy probably got the worst of it and he wanted to get back at Chinx,” Rudolph told XXL.

At the time, Chinx was serving a brief sentence after a parole violation, stemming from his three-year sentence for robbery and drug charges. The two suspects were already serving time for unrelated charges. Allegedly, the feud between the two men resurfaced years later, at a Chinx performance at the Sound Garden Hall in Philadelphia on April 24, 2015. A verbal altercation took place, resulting in Homere being “blacklisted” by the other rap stars. “Quincy's steaming since that concert," Rudolph told XXL. “I think that's when he started to feel a fire inside of him to take his revenge out on Chinx.”

A few weeks later, Homere found out the rapper’s location via a flyer on Instagram and allegedly followed him until he stopped at a red light. At that point, Homere fired a 9mm handgun into Chinx’s Porsche, which resulted in his death and the injury of his friend, Antar Alziadi. “They were just waiting for an opportunity,” Rudolph said. “So they both acted in concert to kill this kid.”

Rudolph connects the arrests to in-depth research done by Detectives Thomas Scalise and Vincent Santangelo. “We can only do what we can do, so I'm happy that they have some closure in this."

If convicted for Chinx’s murder, both men are facing 25 years to life. Both were arraigned at Queens Criminal Court and pleaded not guilty.  

Chinx's widow, Janelli, expressed her frustrations with the new found evidence via a Facebook post on Friday morning (Dec. 15). “2.5 years ago I dealt with a lot of bs, now this come out and everything feels fresh again. But what I won’t do this Time is let anyone from social media disturb my peace! Time will prevail all! Now everyone is a detective."--.."

Fans showed their support in the case via Twitter:


The Biz premium subscriber content has moved to Billboard.com/business.

To simplify subscriber access, we have temporarily disabled the password requirement.