Lil Wayne Suffers Another Seizure, Flight Makes Emergency Landing: Report

Lil Wayne performs in Atlanta
Paras Griffin/Getty Images

Lil Wayne performs at The Tabernacle on March 30, 2016 in Atlanta.

Lil Wayne's private jet was forced to make an emergency landing in Nebraska as the rapper suffered a seizure, according to a report from TMZ. The rapper was reportedly on his way from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to California at the time and had blacked out upon the plane's landing; TMZ is reporting Wayne is awake and alert and refusing medical attention.

Update (5:19 p.m.): TMZ is now reporting that after refusing medical attention, Wayne's plane took off but was forced to return to the Omaha airport after just a few minutes as Wayne suffered a second seizure. He is reportedly now being treated on the plane on the tarmac.

This is the fourth high-profile seizure the rapper has suffered in the past four years, dating back to October 2012. Wayne, who admitted in 2013 that he suffers from epilepsy and is "prone to seizures," has said that he suffers seizures due to stress, lack of rest and overworking himself. In March 2013, he suffered three in quick succession, landing him in the hospital with reports (led by TMZ) putting him near death and being read his last rites; while Wayne and his Cash Money Records team denied that he nearly died at the time, he later said in a radio interview that he "could've died" due to a drop in heart rate.

Billboard has reached out to reps for Lil Wayne, but requests for comment have gone unreturned as of press time.

Wayne has been involved in a protracted legal battle with Cash Money -- the label that signed him as a teenager and has been his only recording home through his career -- since December 2014, claiming CM and CEO Bryan "Birdman" Williams are halting the release of his long-delayed album Tha Carter V. While it had seemed that the two appeared to reconcile of late, settlement negotiations were called off without warning last month.

While TMZ was inconsistent in its reporting on Wayne's March 2013 seizure, the site was the first to report that Prince's plane made an emergency landing April 15, after which the singer was rushed to an Illinois hospital. While reps for Prince at the time chalked it up to complications from the flu, the music icon died six days later on April 21 of what was eventually confirmed to be an opioid overdose.

Billboard will update this report as more information becomes available.