Mason Ramsey Announces Debut EP 'Famous,' Featuring Two New Hank Williams Covers
From internet sensation to “Famous” festival performer, 11-year-old "yodeling boy" Mason Ramsey is ready to release his first EP, Famous, on July 20.
Ramsey’s Instagram name assures fans that he knows who came before him -- his handle is @lilhankwilliams, after his idol Hank Williams -- and he’s aware he has big boots to fill with his Famous renditions of the country giant’s songs “Jambalaya (On the Bayou)” and “I Saw the Light."
His “Lovesick Blues” cover in a Walmart aisle gave him his claim to yodeling fame, but “Famous” -- which reached No. 4 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart (dated May 12) -- will be add five other songs to the young star’s repertoire.
Ramsey will make his television debut performance of “Famous” on ABC’s Good Morning America July 26. He will later perform at Florida Georgia Line’s inaugural outdoor FGL Fest during Indianapolis Motor Speedway’s 25th annual NASCAR weekend Sept. 8.
Check out the official Famous EP track list below.
1. “Famous” (Tyler Hubbard, Sarah Buxton, Corey Crowder, Canaan Smith)
2. “Lovesick Blues” (Cliff Friend, Irving Mills)
3. “Jambalaya (On The Bayou)” (Hank Williams)
4. “The Way I See It” (Rodney Clawson, Josh Kear, Corey Crowder)
5. “Yo Da Lady Who” (Anthony Olympia, Bobby Pinson, Brent Rupard)
6. “I Saw The Light” (Hank Williams)