CODE First Play: Firebeatz, 'Max Ammo'



When Dutch duo Firebeatz call their new track “Max Ammo” a “beast track,” they’re not just saying it’s big.

“We were sitting in the studio and had this idea about the synth hoover that keeps modulating, and so we made this synth and worked out the drop,” the group’s Jurre Van Doeselaar explains. “We had a little struggle with the breakdown but then we tried to combine another melody that we already made.”

“A beast track with a hoover from hell,” adds Tim Smulders.

Listen to the First Play of “Max Ammo” exclusively here:

Firebeatz know their studio well. In the last few years they have produced the own original tunes, collaborated with the likes of Chocolate Puma and delivered remixes for the likes of Pitbull and Flo Rida as well as Bingo Players. The next year will see them collaborate with Tiësto and Sander Van Doorn as well as Spinnin labelmate Martin Garrix.

With such consistent output, how do the Firebeatz boys stay inspired?

“We can get inspiration from almost anything,” Van Doeselaar says. “When we hear any kind of sound it can inspire us to make a whole song.”

“We have chemistry in the studio so we always bring different ideas to the table,” says Smulders. “This keeps us fresh and going for about 95% of the time. The other 5% we watch Dutch cabaret on YouTube, get a nice lunch or turn on the PlayStation.”

“Max Ammo” is available on December 16 from Spinnin Records.


The Biz premium subscriber content has moved to

To simplify subscriber access, we have temporarily disabled the password requirement.