Empire of the Sun & Tommy Trash Talk New (RED) compilation with Calvin Harris, Tiësto and More
Calvin Harris, Katy Perry, Tiesto, Empire of the Sun, Tommy Trash and Avicii are among the artists who’ve contributed new and exclusive remixes and collaborated with (RED), an organization that raises proceeds for the Global Fund to fight AIDS, on “Dance (RED) Save Lives 2,” a new compilation due on iTunes November 25 via Capitol Music Group’s Priority Records.
Pre-orders for the album started Nov. 6 here and first single “Celebrate (Trashed Mix)” by Empire of the Sun & Tommy Trash was released last week via a partnership with Coca-Cola and Vice Media’s EDM vertical Thump. A 24-hour dance party for World AIDS Day (Dec. 1) will kick off Nov. 30 in Sydney, Australia, at the Stereosonic Festival, streaming via Thump’s YouTube channel, featuring performances from David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Sebastian Ingrosso, Empire of the Sun, Armin van Buuren, Axwell, Above & Beyond, Afrojack, Krewella, Tommy Trash and more. Additional events will be held in major cities around the world, including Singapore, New York, Mexico City, Johannesburg, Los Angeles and London.
“Dance (RED) Save Lives” is the sequel to last year’s compilation and global dance event. Tiesto assited in curating last year’s lineup. Tommy Trash, for example, was brought on by his DJ friend for last year’s World AIDS Day event, and was inspired to capture a fitting vibe of Empire of the Sun’s appropriately titled “Celebrate” for the 2013 album and accompanying Coke-sponsored dance video.
“I did a few different versions, so once I realized there were going to be dancers involved we had to pump up the energy a little bit,” Trash says on the phone from Australia. “Something resonated within me about the cause when Tiesto first introduced me to it last year, and I’m thrilled to be part of it again.” Trash pointed to recent (RED) data that shows the number of babies born each year with the HIV virus had decreased from 900 to 700 in 2013, part of the fund’s goal to end mother-to-child transmission of the disease entirely by 2015, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa.
Nick Littlemore of Empire of the Sun, was inspired by (RED)’s message as well as its progress – since 2006, (RED) and its corporate partners have raised more than $215 million for the global fund to fight AIDS in Africa. “It doesn’t feel like it did for me when I first herd about the disease in Australia – you’d see these Grim Reaper ads at the time. It feels to me like the work being done now is reversing that image. I’m glad our song can help spread that message of hope.”
In addition to Coke, (RED)’s corporate partners include Starbucks, Belvedere and Shazam. A pro bono media campaign in support of “Dance (RED) Save Lives 2” by ad agency Hill Holiday will also roll out across CNN, A&E Networks, Fuse, Posterscope and Lamar outdoor advertising, Twitter, Viacom International Media Networks – Americas, The Fader, People.com, NASDAQ OMX and Clear Channel Media and Entertainment.
“There’s something incredibly beautiful about all these artists coming together,” says (RED) CEO Deborah Dugan, “and Coke Belvedere, Shazam, Starbucks – they’re all spreading a nice message of, ‘Just dance with us and you can change the world.’ We’ve spent a year thinking about how to create a moment that will capture people’s attention and make then really active.”
“Dance (RED) Saves Lives 2” track listing:
- Katy Perry - Roar (DallasK Remix)
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (Swedish House Mafia Remix)
- Major Lazer ft. Bruno Mars, Tyga and Mystic - Bubble Butt (Flosstradamus Remix)
- Empire of the Sun & Tommy Trash - Celebrate (Trashed Mix)
- Madonna vs. Avicii - Girl Gone Wild (Avicii's UMF Mix)
- Bob Marley - Sun Is Shining (Jesse Rose 'Bootleg' Remix)
- Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding - I Need Your Love (R3hab Remix)
- Dada Life vs. Josh Wink - Higher State of Dada Land
- Robin Thicke ft. Kendrick Lamar - Give It 2 U (Benny Benassi Remix)
- Capital Cities - Kangaroo Court (Robert DeLong Remix)
- Banks - Waiting Game (Kaytranada Edition)
- Baauer & RL Grime - Infinite Daps
- Claire - Broken Promise Land (Giorgio Moroder Remix & Vocoder)
- Bingo Players - Buzzcut (Popeska Remix)
- Icona Pop - All Night (Crookers Remix)
- Tiësto, Mark Alston, Baggi Begovic, Jason Taylor - Love & Run ft. Teddy Geiger (MOTi Remix)
- Deadmau5 vs. Eric Prydz - The Veldt (Prydz Festival Edit)
- Martin Solveig & The Cataracts - Hey Now ft. Kyle (Pierce Fulton Remix)
- Gorgon City - Voltage
- Felix Cartal ft. HAERTS - Slow Motion
- Rebecca & Fiona ft. VICE - Hot Shots (RED Edition)
- Tritonal ft. Underdown - Deep Into Black (Club Mix)
- Chuckie - Skydive ft. Maiday (Candyland Remix)
- Far East Movement - There Will Be No Rain (Kill Paris Remix)