“On a Roll,” which interpolates Nine Inch Nails’ “Head Like a Hole,” was featured in the third episode of the fifth season of the Netflix series, with Cyrus starring in the episode as Ashley O.
Following the episode’s June 5 premiere, the song racked up 11,000 downloads in June 2019, plus 15.3 million streams, according to Nielsen Music. The former stat helped the track to debut at No. 19 on Billboard’s Pop Digital Song Sales tally dated June 29.
Big Little Lies, meanwhile, kicks off its second season in style, with the HBO show landing Nos. 2-4 on Top TV Songs. Leading the way: The Spinners, whose “I’ll Be Around” was included in the second season premiere. A No. 3 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 in November 1972, it moved 6,000 downloads and 3.4 million streams in June 2019.
Sufjan Stevens’ “Mystery of Love” and Phoebe Killdeer & the Short Straws’ “The Fade Out Line,” also included in Big Little Lies’ second-season premiere, rank at Nos. 3 and 4, respectively.
See the full top 10, also featuring entries from Euphoria, Dark, Tales of the City and Billions, below.
Rank, Title, Artist, TV Show (Network)
1. "On a Roll," Ashley O, Black Mirror (Netflix)
2. "I'll Be Around," The Spinners, Big Little Lies (HBO)
3. "Mystery of Love," Sufjan Stevens, Big Little Lies (HBO)
4. "The Fade Out Line," Phoebe Killdeer & the Short Straws, Big Little Lies (HBO)
5. "Mount Everest," Labrinth, Euphoria (HBO)
6. "I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times) (feat. Young Thug & Popcaan)," Jamie xx, Euphoria (HBO)
7. "Melody X," Bonaparte, Dark (Netflix)
8. "Bad Ones (feat. Tegan & Sara," Matthew Dear, Tales of the City (Netflix)
9. "Saboteurs," Dave Hause, Billions (Showtime)
10. "God's Whisper," Raury, Dark (Netflix)