13 Things to Know About the Charts This Week: Brockhampton Breaks Through, Ahead of Lil Wayne's Big Chart Return
Ahead of what promises to be a huge week for Lil Wayne on the charts next week, Brockhampton notches its first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 with Iridescence, helping the group re-enter the Billboard Artist 100 at No. 3, a new peak.
Plus, Maroon 5's "Girls Like You," featuring Cardi B, spends its second week atop the Billboard Hot 100, while Juice WRLD's "Lucid Dreams" hits a new No. 2 peak.
Here are 13 other things to know about the charts this week:
1. Juice WRLD's "Lucid Dreams" hits No. 1 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart for the first time. Click here for the story.
2. How did "Lucid Dreams" become so big? Andrew Unterberger analyzes its success on not just streaming services, but also, in a rarity for SoundCloud rap, pop radio. Click here for the piece.
3. Ariana Grande and Ed Sheeran hit new milestones on the Hot 100, and Avril Lavigne returns to the chart with her new single "Head Above Water." Click here for details.
4. Lil Wayne is slated to have a massive week on the Billboard 200 next week, as Tha Carter V may debut with the third-largest streaming week ever. Click here for the Billboard 200 forecast.
5. Plus, Cher, Logic and Kevin Gates should also debut in the Billboard 200's top five with their new albums. Click here for more Billboard 200 projections.
6. On the latest Chart Beat Podcast, country superstar Keith Urban and Universal Music Group Nashville president Cindy Mabe chat with Billboard's Nashville-based senior chart manager Jim Asker. Says Urban about his two decades of hitting No. 1: "It's like hearing 'I love you.'" Click here to listen.
7. Over on the Pop Shop Podcast, Normani chats with Keith Caulfield and Katie Atkinson about her hit Khalid duet "Love Lies," her upcoming album and a mystery collab. Click here to listen.
8. Who can stop Florida Georgia Line? The country kings have now logged an unprecedented 100 total weeks at No. 1 on the Hot Country Songs chart in their career, as "Meant to Be" with Bebe Rexha continues to rule. Click here for the story.
9. 5 Seconds of Summer's "Youngblood" hits No. 1 on the Pop Songs airplay chart, earning the group its first leader on the list. Click here for the post.
10. DJ Khaled's "No Brainer," featuring Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper and Quavo, reaches No. 1 on Rhythmic Songs. "Me and my son are going back in the studio to make more Billboard #1s," Khaled promises. Click here for more.
11. Bradley Cooper makes his Billboard chart debut, as his Lady Gaga duet "Shallow" from A Star Is Born enters two sales charts after only a half-day of tracking. Click here for the story.
12. Lovelytheband leads the Emerging Artists chart for the first time, thanks to the trio's breakout hit "Broken." Click here for details.
13. Earth, Wind & Fire's "September" returns to the charts after "the 21st night of September." Did you remember? Click here for the story.