13 Things to Know About the Charts This Week: Ariana Grande Scores Her Third No. 1 Album & Makes Hot 100 History
Ariana Grande dominates Billboard’s charts this week, as the singer returns with her latest LP, Sweetener, which arrives at No. 1 on the Billboard 200. The set’s arrival helps her return to No. 1 on the Billboard Artist 100 for a third total week.
Here are 13 other things to know about the charts this week:
1. Ed Sheeran’s former No. 1 hit “Perfect” logs its 52nd week on the Hot 100, becoming his third song so spend a year on the chart, joining his previous hits “Shape of You” and “Thinking Out Loud.” Click here for the story.
2. Grande earns her 10th top 10 hit on the Hot 100, as “God Is a Woman” rises to No. 8. She also charts 10 songs on the tally, becoming just the fourth woman to land 10 songs on the Hot 100 simultaneously. Can you guess the others? Click here for the story.
3. Janet Jackson returns to the Hot 100 this week, as “Made for Now,” with Daddy Yankee, debuts at No. 88. It’s Janet’s first entry on the chart since “No Sleeep,” featuring J. Cole, in 2015. Click here for the update.
4. More Hot 100 news: Bastille returns to the Hot 100 with their Marshmello collab “Happier,” which opens at No. 63. Plus, Lauv’s “I Like Me Better” shoots to No. 28. Click here for this week’s Hot 100 Chart Moves.
6. Republic Records lands four of the top five albums on the Billboard 200, the biggest domination for a record label since Columbia in 2010. Click here for the story.
7. Also on the Billboard 200, Eagles' Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 gains and Michael Jackson's Thriller returns, following news of Their Greatest Hits surpassing Thriller as the highest certified album in the history of the Recording Industry Association of America. Click here for the story.
11. Cole Swindell’s new album All of It earns the singer his first No. 1 on the Top Country Album chart. Plus, Jason Aldean’s “Drowns the Whiskey,” featuring Miranda Lambert, spends its second week at No. 1 on Country Airplay. Click here for the update.