13 Things to Know About the Charts This Week: Remembering Aretha Franklin's Record-Setting Achievements & More
Travis Scott rules the charts this week, as the rapper's latest album Astroworld opens at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with the second-largest weekly unit total of 2018, sparking his rise to No. 1 on the Billboard Artist 100 for the first time.
Plus, Drake continues his Billboard Hot 100 domination, as "In My Feelings" logs a fifth week at No. 1.
Here are 13 other things to know about the charts this week:
2. We also look at Franklin's record-setting achievements on Billboard's R&B charts. Click here for the tribute.
3. As we head toward September, Drake's "In My Feelings" dethrones Cardi B, Bad Bunny and J Balvin's "I Like It" atop the Songs of the Summer chart. Click here for the update.
4. As Scott's Astroworld launches atop the Billboard 200, all 17 tracks on the set land on the Hot 100, including two ("Sicko Mode" and "Stargazing") in the top 10. Click here for the story.
5. Looking ahead to next week's Billboard 200, it's Nicki Minaj's Queen vs. Scott's Astroworld for No. 1. Click here for the latest forecast.
6. On the latest Chart Beat Podcast, Gary Trust and Trevor Anderson continue counting down the Hot 100's top 100 hits all-time, this week running through smashes Nos. 50-26 from Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men to The Police, Adele, Rihanna and more. Click here to listen.
7. Over on the Pop Shop Podcast, Keith Caulfield and Katie Atkinson chat with Troye Sivan about his finding the confidence to experiment on new album Bloom and taking his latest songs on the road. Click here to listen.
8. Zedd, Maren Morris and Grey's "The Middle" breaks the record for the most weeks at No. 1 on the Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart (27), passing The Chainsmokers' "Closer," featuring Halsey. Click here for the story.
9. As Maroon 5 "Girls Like You" featuring Cardi B rises to No. 2 on the Hot 100, Billboard's Andrew Unterberger analyzes how the group has remained a force on the charts after a decade and a half. Click here for the article.
10. Lauv rules the Emerging Artists chart once again, as lovelytheband leaps to the top five and Red Velvet hits the top 10. Click here for the post.
11. Continuing the country-to-pop crossover trend highlighted by Bebe Rexha and Florida Georgia Line's "Meant to Be" and Sam Hunt's "Body Like a Back Road" in the past year, Dan + Shay and Kacey Musgraves are scaling the Adult Pop Songs chart with "Tequila" and "High Horse," respectively. Click here for the story.
12. Lord Huron leads the Top TV Songs chart for July with "The Night We Met," after its appearance in The Affair. Click here for the article.
13. Plus, OneRepublic rules July's Top TV Commercials chart with "Connection," thanks to its Jeep commercial synch. Click here for the update.