13 Things to Know About the Charts This Week: BTS vs. Post Malone for No. 1 on Billboard 200 & More
Post Malone continues to dominate the Billboard 200, as his beerbongs & bentleys logs its third week at No. 1. Plus, P!nk's Beautiful Trauma vaults to No. 2 on the Billboard 200, helping her return to No. 1 on the Billboard Artist 100 for a second total week on top.
Meanwhile, Childish Gambino's "This Is America" leads the Billboard Hot 100 for a second week, as rap songs have infused the top four in consecutive weeks for the first time since 2003.
Here are 13 other things to know about the charts this week:
1. It's a battle for No. 1 on the Billboard 200 next week. BTS' new set Love Yourself: Tear is neck-and-neck with Post Malone's beerbongs & bentleys, which could earn its fourth week at No. 1. BTS would become the first K-pop act to rule the ranking. Click here to read the latest forecast.
2. Video streams have been driving the success of "This Is America" atop the Hot 100, and the track climbs to No. 1 on the On-Demand Streaming Songs chart. Click here for details about Childish Gambino's hit.
3. How rare is it for an artist's first Hot 100 top 10 to rise to No. 1, as has happened with Childish Gambino's "This Is America"? Gary Trust explores the question in the latest edition of Ask Billboard. Click here to read the mailbag.
4. Taylor Swift extends her record for the most top 40 Hot 100 hits among women, as "Delicate" leaps to No. 37. Click here to read about her latest hit.
5. Sparked by last Sunday's Billboard Music Awards, Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes and more saw a combined 108 percent increase in sales for all the songs performed. Click here for the recap.
6. On the latest Pop Shop Podcast, Keith Caulfield and Katie Atkinson catch up with Lauv about his hit "I Like Me Better." Plus, they chat about highlights from the BBMAs. Click here to listen.
7. Over on the Chart Beat Podcast, Gary Trust and Trevor Anderson welcome back Dave and Yael Penn from Hit Songs Deconstructed to discuss the Hot 100's biggest hitmakers in the first part of 2018. Who makes the cut? Ed Sheeran, Drake, Bruno Mars and more. Click here to listen.
8. Florida Georgia Line makes history on the Hot Country Songs chart (again!), as "Meant to Be," with Bebe Rexha, passes FGL's own "Cruise" for the longest reign by a duo or group in the tally's history. Click here to read about the feat.
9. Sam Hunt returns to Billboard's charts, as his new single "Downtown's Dead" earns him his highest debut to date on Country Airplay, opening at No. 18. Click here to read about the song's start.
10. R&B newcomer Ella Mai moves to No. 1 on the Hot R&B Songs chart with her breakout single "Boo'd Up." The track also reaches the top 10 of the Streaming Songs chart and No. 11 on the Hot 100. Click here for the story.
11. Hip-hop upstart Lil Baby tops the Emerging Artists chart for the first time, thanks to his new single "Yes Indeed," featuring Drake. Click here to learn about the MC's new hit.
12. The Hot Latin Songs chart has seen some new faces this year. Billboard looks at some of the notable artists who've scored their first entries in 2018, from Jason Derulo to El Chombo and more. Click here for the full list.
13. Depeche Mode leads the latest Hot Tours chart, as the alt/dance vets' current Global Spirit world tour has raked in more than $187 million since its launch just over a year ago. Click here for the latest figures from the tour.