Super Bowl's Most Shazamed Ads: Iggy Azalea, Skylar Grey, Ed Sheeran & More
Iggy Azalea's song “Savior,” featuring Quavo -- and heard in a Monster Headphones ad -- was released two days before on Feb. 2.
The track, which was featured in a commercial for Monster Headphones and includes a cameo from Azalea, among others, received the most Shazams during the NBC telecast -- 23,000 in all. The ad follows a boy (played by YouTube personality Ricegum) who, after witnessing Azalea performing “Savior” in the subway, decides to invent his own brand of headphones. The ad also features appearances from Joe Perry, Yo Gotti and more.
“Savior” was released on Feb. 2, the latest taste of Azalea’s upcoming sophomore album Surviving the Summer.
Meanwhile, Skylar Grey’s rendition of Ben E. King’s “Stand By Me,” which appeared in a Budweiser commercial showcasing the beer brand’s partnership with the American Red Cross to produce water for disaster-afflicted areas, was the second-most-Shazamed ad during the Super Bowl. The song was released on Jan. 25 in conjunction with the ad’s premiere and was downloaded 3,000 times in its opening tracking week (ending Feb. 1), according to Nielsen Music.
Other songs in the top 10 include Devlin’s cover of “All Along the Watchtower,” featuring Ed Sheeran on vocals, at No. 5, along with the joint ad for Doritos Blaze and Mountain Dew Ice that included Chris Brown’s “Look at Me Now” and Missy Elliott’s “Get Ur Freak On” at No. 6; the latter featured actors Peter Dinklage and Morgan Freeman, respectively, lip-syncing the songs, with Dinklage taking on Busta Rhymes' part in the former song in particular.
See the entire top 15 below, according to Shazam:
1. "Savior," Iggy Azalea feat. Quavo (Monster Headphones)
2. "Stand By Me," Skylar Grey (Budweiser)
3. "This Is Me," Kaela Seattle and The Greatest Showman Ensemble (NBC Olympics)
4. "Long Distance," Sam Gellaitry (Diet Coke)
5. "All Along the Watchtower," Devlin feat. Ed Sheeran (Amazon Prime Video)
6. "Look At Me Now," Chris Brown feat. Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes / "Get Ur Freak On," Missy Elliott (Doritos Blaze + Mountain Dew Ice)
7. "Girl on Fire," Alicia Keys (NBC Olympics)
8. "Stronger Than I've Ever Been," Kaleena Zanders (Toyota)
9. "I'll Stand By You," Pretenders Cover (MassMutual)
10. "I Like Beer," Jon Pardi & Friends (Michelob Ultra)
11. "Class Historian," BRONCHO (Kraft)
12. "We Will Rock You," Queen (Dodge)
13. "Dream On," Aerosmith (Kia)
14. "(I've Had) The Time of My Life," Jennifer Warnes & Bill Medley (NFL)
15. "The Voice Song," Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Alicia Keys & Kelly Clarkson (NBC)