13 Things to Know About the Charts This Week: The Leading Ladies of Hot 100 and Billboard 200
Taylor Swift shines on Billboard's charts this week, as her latest album, Reputation, tallies its second week atop the Billboard 200. The reign helps extend her record 35-week run at No. 1 on the Billboard Artist 100.
Here are 13 other things to know about the charts this week:
1. In honor of our Women in Music celebration Thursday (Nov. 30), Billboard compiled Greatest of All-Time Hot 100 and Billboard 200 charts ranking the top-performing women and titles by female acts. Madonna, Barbra Streisand, Adele and LeAnn Rimes lead the way. Click here for a recap and to see the lists.
2. With the Hot 100 debut of "End Game," featuring Ed Sheeran and Future, Swift earns her 75th total entry on the chart, tying Ray Charles for the 10th-most all-time. Click here to read the story.
3. More Swift news: She scores her first hit on the Hot Country Songs chart in four years, as "New Year's Day" debuts at No. 40. Click here to read the article.
4. Portugal. The Man's "Feel It Still" breaks the record for the most weeks spent at No. 1 on the Alternative Songs chart, as the track leads for a 20th week. Click here to read about the achievement.
5. On the latest Chart Beat Podcast, Gary Trust and Trevor Anderson chat with legendary record exec Clive Davis about Whitney Houston's 1992 smash "I Will Always Love You." Click here to listen.
6. Over on the Pop Shop Podcast, Keith Caulfield and Katie Atkinson discuss Billboard's Women in Music honors and chat about Swift, Portugal. The Man and Pentatonix on the charts. Click here to listen.
7. In the latest edition of "Ask Billboard," we look back on Swift's career album and song sales and more. Click here to read the mailbag.
8. Camila Cabello's "Havana," featuring Young Thug, reaches yet another milestone: No. 1 on the Pop Songs airplay chart, earning the pop star her second solo leader on the list, while Young Thug scores his first. Click here for the full post.
9. Luis Fonsi holds two of the top three spots on the Hot Latin Songs chart, as "Echame La Culpa," with Demi Lovato, debuts at No. 3, directly below his "Despacito," with Daddy Yankee and featuring Justin Bieber, at No. 2. Click here to read the story.
10. Thanksgiving is over, which means … Billboard's holiday charts are in full swing! Sia, Pentatonix and Mariah Carey light up the Holiday Albums chart and the Holiday 100 songs survey. Click here for all details.
11. Following their American Music Awards performance on Nov. 19, BTS surges, as its Love Yourself returns to the Billboard 200, while the set's "DNA" increases in sales and streams. Click here to read all about the group's chart action.
12. The late David Cassidy debuts on the Social 50 chart after his death on Nov. 21. Plus, BTS leads for a 50th week. Click here to read the story.
13. On the latest Emerging Artists chart, YBN Nahmir enters the top 10 on the strength of "Rubbing Off the Paint," while 6ix9ine vaults to a new peak at No. 2. Click here to read about this week's top emerging acts.