13 Things to Know About the Charts This Week: Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' Debuts at No. 1, Set for Second Week on Top
Plus, chart action for Elton John, Eminem, Beyonce & more.
Happy Taylor Week! Taylor Swift dominates Billboard's charts this week, with her latest album, Reputation, debuting at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with the largest sales week of 2017. The launch also helps the pop star return to No. 1 on the Billboard Artist 100 for a record-extending 34th week.
Here are 13 other things to know about Billboard's charts this week:
1. Looking ahead to next week's Billboard 200, Swift's Reputation looks locked in for a second week at No. 1, while Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's collaborative LP is slated for a No. 2 debut. Click here to read the Billboard 200 forecast.
2. Reputation on the radio: Swift's "End Game," featuring Ed Sheeran and Future, debuts on the Pop Songs airplay chart, while "New Year's Day" opens on the Country Airplay chart. Click here to read about Swift's latest hits.
3. Atop the Pop Songs airplay chart, Imagine Dragons' "Thunder" succeeds Portugal. The Man's "Feel It Still" at No. 1, marking the first time that two rock songs have hit No. 1 back-to-back in five years. Click here to read the full story.
4. On this week's Hot 100, Eminem's "Walk on Water," featuring Beyonce, debuts at No. 14, earning both artists, coincidentally, their 57th entry on the ranking. Plus, Charlie Puth earns his sixth top 40 hit with "How Long." Click here to read this week's Hot 100 Chart Moves.
5. On the latest Billboard 200, Elton John earns his 40th top 40 album, as Diamonds opens at No. 23. John ties Neil Young for the seventh-most top 40 entries. Click here to read this week's Billboard 200 Chart Moves.
6. On the Pop Shop Podcast, Tove Lo chats with hosts Keith Caulfield and Jason Lipshutz about the "emotional rollercoaster" that led to her latest album, Blue Lips. Click here to listen.
8. Marshmello's "Silence," featuring Khalid, surges to No. 1 on the Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart, earning the DJ his second No. 1 on the ranking and Khalid his first. Click here to read the full post.
9. Portugal. The Man's "Feel It Still" ties the record for the most weeks at No. 1 on the Alternative Songs chart, as the song spends its 19th week on top. It ties Muse's "Madness," which ruled for 19 weeks in 2012-13. Click here to read the story.
10. LANCO earns its first No. 1 on the Country Airplay chart, as "Greatest Love Story" rises to the summit. Click here to read about the achievement.
11. Greta Van Fleet flies to No. 3 on the latest Emerging Artists chart, as the act's new double EP From the Fires debuts at No. 1 on Hard Rock Albums. Plus, LANCO spends its second week at No. 1 on Emerging Artists. Click here to read about this weeks' top emerging acts.
12. 'Tis the season: Sia, Kelly Clarkson, Josh Groban and Jane Lynch all debut on the Adult Contemporary airplay chart with the first charted holiday hits of the season, reflecting many AC radio stations' switch to holiday music. Click here to read the story.
13. In honor of the late David Cassidy, Billboard looks back at his top 10 biggest hits on the Hot 100, as a solo act and with the Partridge Family, from "I Think I Love You" to "Cherish" and more. Click here for the tribute.