13 Things to Know About the Charts This Week: Taylor Swift & Cardi B Bring Women Back to Hot 100's Top Two
Taylor Swift dominates the charts this week, as "Look What You Made Me Do" earns its second week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, while "…Ready for It?" debuts at No. 4. The two songs help Swift tally her second straight week atop the Billboard Artist 100.
Here are 13 other things to know about Billboard's charts this week:
1. With summer 2017 in the rearview mirror, Billboard recaps the top artists, songs and albums of the summer, with Kendrick Lamar donning the crown as the No. 1 artist of the summer. Click here to read the full 2017 Summer Music Report Card.
2. As Swift and Cardi B rank at Nos. 1 and 2, respectively, on the Hot 100, women populate the top two for the first time simultaneously in nearly three years. Billboard looks back at the past 25 years, as 2017, especially, has marked a substantial drought for women in the top 10. Click here to read the full feature.
3. Also on this week's Hot 100, Demi Lovato's "Sorry Not Sorry" climbs to No. 13, earning the singer her highest-charting hit since "Cool for the Summer" in 2015. Plus, Maroon 5 and SZA's "What Lovers Do" vaults 73-27. Click here to read this week's Hot 100 Chart Moves.
4. On the Billboard 200, Logic's Everybody returns to the top 10 after a four-month absence and Steely Dan's A Decade of Steely Dan greatest hits compilation debuts following the death of founding member Walter Becker Sept. 3. Click here to read this week's Billboard 200 Chart Moves.
5. Looking ahead to next week's Billboard 200, Thomas Rhett looks poised to earn his first No. 1 with his new album Life Changes. The set would be the first country album to rule the chart in 2017. Click here to read the full Billboard 200 forecast.
7. On the latest Chart Beat Podcast, Gary Trust and Trevor Anderson analyze the chart success of Taylor Swift more than a decade into career and the new heights that she could still reach with her forthcoming album, Reputation. Plus, songwriter, producer and artist Sam Martin stops by to discuss writing hits for Jason Derulo, Maroon 5 & more. Click here to listen to the podcast.
8. Over on the Pop Shop Podcast, Keith Caulfield and Jason Lipshutz sit down with Jack Johnson and chat about his new album, All the Light Above It Too, and the one song on it inspired by President Trump. Click here to listen.
9. On the Emerging Artists chart, Dua Lipa "rules" at No. 1, thanks to her rising single "New Rules," while Gabbie Hanna makes her Billboard chart debut. Click here to read about this week's biggest new artists.
11. Eminem's Curtain Call: The Hits collects its milestone 100th week on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, becoming just the seventh act to score multiple sets with 100-week runs on the chart. Click here to read about the achievement.
12. In the latest "Ask Billboard" reader mailbag, we recap Kelly Clarkson's complete career album sales and best-selling songs. Plus, we look at the artists with the most No. 2-peaking Hot 100 hits. Click here to read the full post.