SZA's 'Love Galore' Rules THR's Top TV Songs Chart for July After 'Insecure' Appearance
‘Insecure’ rules the chart with three songs in the top 10, including Nos. 1 and 2.
HBO’s hit show Insecure rules THR’s Top TV Songs chart, powered by Tunefind and Shazam, for July. Three songs from the show crack the top 10, including the No. 1 song, SZA’s “Love Galore,” featuring Travis Scott.
Rankings for the Top TV Songs chart are based on song and show data provided by Tunefind and ranked using a formula blending respective Shazam tags, as well as sales and streaming information tracked by Nielsen Music during the corresponding period.
“Love Galore” debuts at No. 1 after appearing in the first episode of Insecure’s second season, which was released on July 23. The track leads all songs with 286,000 Shazam tags, 28,000 downloads sold and 45 million streams in July, according to Nielsen Music.
The song has also become a Billboard chart hit since the show aired. The song debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 in July and reaches a new peak at No. 35 on the Aug. 26-dated chart. The song also currently stands at No. 16 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart (a new peak) and No. 5 on the Hot R&B Songs chart.
Elsewhere on the Top TV Songs chart, GoldLink’s breakout hit “Crew,” featuring Brent Faiyaz and Shy G, debuts behind SZA at No. 2. The track was also featured in the first episode of Insecure’s second season.
The song earns its placement on the strength of 155,000 Shazam tags, 28,000 downloads sold and 45 million streams in July, according to Nielsen Music.
Much like “Love Galore,” “Crew” also become a hit on Billboard’s charts since airing on the show. The track reaches a new peak on the Aug. 26 Hot 100 at No. 58 and on the Hot Rap Songs chart at No. 19.
Finally, Amy Winehouse’s “Back To Black” enters the chart at No. 8 after being featured on the season seven premiere of Suits on July 12. The song, which was the third single from Winehouse’s No. 2 album of the same name in 2008, logged 15,000 Shazam tags, 4,000 downloads sold and 2.8 million streams in July.
Here is the full Top TV Songs chart for July:
Rank, Title, Artist, TV Show (Network)
1. “Love Galore,” SZA Featuring Travis Scott, Insecure (HBO)
2. “Crew,” GoldLink Featuring Brent Faiyaz & Shy G, Insecure (HBO)
3. “Whatever It Takes,” Imagine Dragons, Suits (USA)
4. “Nobody Speak,” DJ Shadow Featuring Run The Jewels, Ozark (Netflix)
5. “Stand By Me,” Ki:Theory, Fear The Walking Dead (AMC)
6. “Let It Burn,” Jazmine Sullivan, Insecure (HBO)
7. “Decks Dark,” Radiohead, Ozark (Netflix)
8. “Back To Black,” Amy Winehouse, Suits (USA)
9. “All Goes Wrong,” Chase & Status Featuring Tom Grenna, Power (Starz)
10. “Wild Horses,” The Sundays, Friends From College (Netflix)