13 Things to Know About the Charts This Week: Arcade Fire Rules, Glen Campbell's Biggest Hits & More
Arcade Fire celebrates its third straight No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart this week with Everything Now, helping the group debut atop the Billboard Artist 100. The group is just the seventh act to debut at No. 1.
Here are 13 other things you should know about Billboard's charts this week:
2. In honor of county legend Glen Campbell, who died on Tuesday after a long battle with Alzheimer’s, Billboard looks back at his top 40 biggest Billboard hits, from “Rhinestone Cowboy” to “Wichita Lineman.” Click here to see the full list.
3. On the latest Hot 100, Cardi B’s “Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)” leaps 28-14 in its fifth week on the chart, becoming the highest-charting hit by an unaccompanied female rapper since Nicki Minaj’s “Anaconda” in 2014. Plus, 21 Savage earns his first top 20 hit with “Bank Account.” Click here to read this week’s Hot 100 Chart Moves.
4. Over on the Billboard 200, Michael Jackson’s 1982 classic LP Thriller becomes just the 16th album to spend 300 weeks on the chart. Plus, Vic Mensa earns the second-highest debut on the list, as the rapper’s The Autobiography arrives at No. 27. Click here to read this week’s Billboard 200 Chart Moves.
6. Three weeks after the death of frontman Chester Bennington, Linkin Park’s “One More Light” -- which isn't an official radio single -- tallies its second week on the Rock Airplay chart. One radio programmer says that adding the track to its playlist was the "right decision to make." Click here to read the full story.
7. Though it’s stuck behind “Despacito,” J Balvin and Willy William’s “Mi Gente” continues to pick up steam on Billboard’s Latin charts. The track is No. 2 on the Hot Latin Songs, Latin Streaming Songs and Latin Digital Song Sales charts and No. 3 on Latin Airplay. Click here to read the full article.
8. Over on the Hot Rap Songs chart, French Montana earns his first No. 1, as “Unforgettable,” featuring Swae Lee, steps 2-1. It’s also the first solo No. 1 for Lee, who previously topped the list as one-half of Rae Sremmurd. Click here to read the full update.
10. On the latest Pop Shop Podcast, Keith Caulfield and Katie Atkinson sit down with two-time Grammy Award winner Dan Wilson to talk about his latest album Re-Covered, and his experience writing songs with Adele, Taylor Swift, and more. Click here to listen to the full podcast.
11. Portugal. The Man’s top 40 Hot 100 hit “Feel It Still” leads Billboard and Clio’s Top TV Commercials chart for the second consecutive month, after being featured in a Vitaminwater commercial. Click here to read the full update.
12. John Mayer leads the July edition of Billboard’s Top Facebook Live Videos chart, thanks to a livestream of his July 26th concert in Los Angeles. The concert was a part of his current Bud Light Dive Bar Tour. Click here to read the full story.